Denning Township, Franklin County, Illinois
Location in Franklin County
Franklin County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 4, 1884|
|• Total||37 sq mi (100 km2)|
|• Land||35.84 sq mi (92.8 km2)|
|• Water||1.16 sq mi (3.0 km2) 3.14%|
|Elevation||387 ft (118 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||5,082|
|• Density||145.1/sq mi (56.0/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62812, 62865, 62874, 62896|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 37 square miles (96 km2), of which 35.84 square miles (92.8 km2) (or 96.86%) is land and 1.16 square miles (3.0 km2) (or 3.14%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these four cemeteries: Denning, Follis, Hanes and Rose.
- Beaver Lake
- Cambon Lake
- Frankfort Community Unit School District 168
- Herrin Community Unit School District 4
- Zeigler-Royalton Community Unit School District 188
- Illinois' 12th congressional district
- State House District 117
- State Senate District 59
- "Denning Township, Franklin County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-16.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
||Tyrone Township||Browning Township||Benton Township|
|Six Mile Township||Frankfort Township|