Dennis-Yarmouth Regional High School
|Dennis-Yarmouth Regional High School|
|210 Station Ave.,
South Yarmouth, MA 02664
|Color(s)||Green & White|
|Athletics||MIAA - Division 2|
|Athletics conference||Atlantic Coast League|
|Rivals||Nauset, Barnstable, Falmouth|
|Average SAT scores||494 verbal
1451 total (2015-2016)
|Budget||$55,344,438 total expenditures
$15,532 per pupil (2013)
Dennis-Yarmouth Regional High School is a suburban public high school (grades 8-12) in Yarmouth, Massachusetts. It opened in 1957 and was expanded and renovated in 1979, and again in 2006. The school serves the communities of Yarmouth and Dennis, and has an enrollment of approximately 1,000 students. Dennis-Yarmouth, or known more commonly to the locals as "D-Y", is the second largest high school (in terms of student population) on Cape Cod, behind only Barnstable High School. It is in South Yarmouth, just south of the Mid Cape Highway.
As of 2008, Dennis-Yarmouth Regional High School had 1002 students.
- 862 (86%) were Caucasian
- 51 (5%) were Hispanic
- 50 (5%) were African-American
- 17 (2%) were Asian
- 13 (1%) were Native American
The Dolphins' football team has developed into one of the most successful and formidable high school football programs in Massachusetts in recent years. They have appeared in two state championship games, winning one in 2011. They have also been ranked in the state's Top 25 polls numerous times, being ranked as high as #4 by the Boston Globe and #5 by MaxPreps. Furthermore, they have produced several high-level college football prospects in recent years, including Ross Jatkola (Albany), Matt Montalto (Bentley), Nick Montalto (Mass Maritime), JoJo Jamiel (Sacred Heart), Adam Carreiro (Tufts), Nathan Crary (Tufts), Spencer Tyler (Curry), Andrew Jamiel (Stonehill), and Michael Dunn (Lafayette). Also, both Matt Montalto and Andrew Jamiel were named the Massachusetts State Player of the Year by the Boston Globe in 2011 and 2015.
- State Champions - 2011
- State Finalists - 2013
- Eastern Massachusetts Regional Champions - 2013
- League Champions - 1960, 2007, 2010, 2011
- State Playoff Qualifier - 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Dennis-Yarmouth's cross-country teams are regarded as one of the premier programs in New England and have won numerous state, regional, and national championships in recent years.
The D-Y Boys Cross country teams are the only cross country teams to win the State Championship in back to back years... and they did it twice. In 1974/1975 and 1989/1990.
- "SAT Performance Report - School and District Profiles: Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education". Profiles.doe.mass.edu. Retrieved 2016-11-21.
- "Dennis-Yarmouth Regional High School | Dennis-Yarmouth Regional School District". Dy-regional.k12.ma.us. Retrieved 2014-01-25.
- "Dennis-Yarmouth Regional High School". School Digger. Retrieved 17 December 2009.
-  wbztv.com - Teen Sends A Little Bit Of Cape Cod To U.S. Troops
- Dennis-Yarmouth Regional High School Home Page
- Dennis-Yarmouth Regional High School Alumni & Reunion Website
- Dennis-Yarmouth Regional High School Athletics Page
- DYMedia1 Youtube Channel