|Full name||Dennis Henry Burnett|
|Date of birth||27 September 1944|
|Place of birth||Bermondsey, London, England|
|West Ham United|
|1965–1967||West Ham United||50||(0)|
|1974–1975||→ Millwall (loan)||6||(2)|
|1975||St. Louis Stars||21||(4)|
|1975–1977||Brighton & Hove Albion||44||(1)|
|1977||St. Louis Stars||19||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
He started his career as a youth team player at West Ham United, making his first team debut in October 1965. He played 66 games in all competitions for West Ham scoring three goals. In 1967 Burnett moved to Millwall, for £15,000, where he made over 250 appearances, taking over the captaincy whenever Harry Cripps was injured. In October 1973, for £70,000, he signed for Hull City. He also played for St. Louis Stars, Brighton & Hove Albion and Shamrock Rovers.
Burnett signed for Shamrock Rovers under John Giles in October 1977  and made his debut the same day as Gordon Banks made his League of Ireland debut. He made a total of 11 appearances before departing in December 1977. Burnett went on to be assistant manager with Sussex side, Lancing and played in their 2–1 defeat by Horsham YMCA in the FA Cup in 1994, a month before his 50th birthday.
- The Hoops by Paul Doolan and Robert Goggins (ISBN 0-7171-2121-6)
- "Graduates". Whufc.com. Retrieved 2010-04-28.
- "Welcome to the Wonderful World of West Ham United Statistics Dennis Burnett". Westhamstats.info. 27 September 1944. Retrieved 2010-04-28.
- "Hall of Fame Dennis Burnett". Millwallfc.co.uk. Retrieved 2010-04-28.
- Dennis Burnett
- "The Irish Times – Saturday, October 1, 1977 – Page 003". The Irish Times.
- "The Irish Times – Monday, October 3, 1977 – Page 003". The Irish Times.
- West Ham United Who's Who – A player by player guide to West Ham United F.C. London: Independent UK Sports Publications. 1995. p. 35. ISBN 1-899429-01-8.
- "Legends in the Legends". www.whufc.co.uk. 21 October 2010. Retrieved 2011-01-08.