|Birth name||Sven Olov Dennis Lyxzén|
|Also known as||D-Rp|
|Born||June 19, 1972|
|Genres||Punk rock, garage rock, indie rock, hardcore punk|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, singer, songwriter|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, bass, drums, tambourine, maracas|
|Labels||Ny Våg, Desperate Fight, Burning Heart|
Epitaph, G7 Welcoming Committee, Your Choice, American Recordings, Victory, Startrec, Umea Hardcore
|Associated acts||Refused, The (International) Noise Conspiracy, AC4, Step Forward, Afro Jetz, Instängd, Final Exit, Garbage Pailkids, 98 Million Miles from the Sun, By No Means, The Bloody Beetroots, Lisa Miskovsky, The Moth Gatherer, INVSN, Fake Names|
Aside from Refused, he has been involved in numerous Swedish bands during his musical career, acting as vocalist, bass player, or guitar player. Since the break-up of Refused, his most notable bands have been The (International) Noise Conspiracy and Invasionen (previously called The Lost Patrol Band). Lyxzén also runs Ny Våg, a punk record label. He acted as producer of the 2005 self-titled album by Swedish punk band Regulations, which was released on the label.
As a punk rock frontman, Lyxzén's songs are of a counter-culture nature, in line with his socialist political views. Despite his political views, he tends to maintain a level of lyrical variety throughout his various bands. Lyxzén was voted sexiest man in Sweden in 2004 by Elle Magazine, and is also vegan.
In March 2010, there were rumours that Lyxzén's old band Refused was getting back together after a 12 years hiatus. This, however, was dismissed by Lyxzén as he and David Sandström were busy with AC4.
In 2011, Lyxzén joined The Bloody Beetroots for their Church of Noise tour as a guest vocalist. Lyxzén is also featured in their newest single, "Church of Noise", and the accompanying music video.
Although Refused stated in 2012 that their reunion was only temporary, in 2015 they released their fourth studio album Freedom. Refused have continued to tour to promote Freedom. Dennis has stated that Refused will continue as an active band, "We’re not breaking up or anything, we’re taking a break to write a new record… But the Australian tour will be the last tour for a while… We’ll take some time off, and then we’ll start writing some songs but we’re not breaking up, no."
- Refused – lead vocals (1991–1998, 2012–present)
- INVSN – lead vocals, guitar (1999–present)
- Fake Names – lead vocals (2018–present)
- AC4 – lead vocals (2008–2013)
- Instängd – drums, percussion (2008–?)
- The (International) Noise Conspiracy – lead vocals (1998–2009)
- 98 Million Miles From the Sun – lead vocals, guitar (1997–1998)
- Final Exit (credited in the band as D-Rp) – bass (1994–1997)
- Step Forward – lead vocals (1989–1991)
- Garbage Pailkids – bass (1989–1991)
- Afro Jetz – lead vocals, bass (1987–1989)
- By No Means – guitar (?)
- Yonderboy – (?)
- Aftonbladet: Han är Sveriges sexigaste man Archived August 8, 2007, at the Wayback Machine
- Epitaph Records: Dennis Lyxzén is the sexiest man in Sweden!
- "Interview with International Noise Conspiracy". PETA2. Archived from the original on July 15, 2011. Retrieved May 8, 2009.
- Yancey, Bryne (March 27, 2010). "UPDATED: Refused updates website, reunion in the works". Punknews.org. Retrieved March 27, 2010.
- Sacher, Andrew (December 19, 2018). "Fake Names (mem Refused, Minor Threat, Embrace) playing first show ever in NYC". Brooklyn Vegan. Archived from the original on December 20, 2018. Retrieved May 17, 2019.
- The Lost Patrol Band at Burning Heart
- Dennis Lyxzén – working 9 to 5!
- Interview with Susan Chung at Razorcake
- Interview with Dennis Lyxzén at wenn's rockt! WebTV
- Interview with Dennis Lyxzén from Poorboys on The Road
- Interview with Dennis Lyxzén: "Most Music Is Heartless, Soulless And Unsexy[permanent dead link] from Poorboys on The Road
- Ny Våg
- Ny Våg @ Myspace.com