March 25, 1963 |
Little Rock, Arkansas
|Listed height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Listed weight||170 lb (77 kg)|
|High school||Little Rock Central
(Little Rock, Arkansas)
|NBA draft||1985 / Undrafted|
|La Crosse Catbirds
Sioux Falls Skyforce
|Career highlights and awards|
Nutt was a 6'2" (188 cm) and 170 lb (77 kg) guard and played collegiately at Texas Christian University from 1981–85. He is now the head basketball coach at Ouachita Baptist University in Arkadelphia, Arkansas. He has worked as a scout for the NBA's Charlotte Bobcats. Previously, Nutt was an assistant coach for Coastal Carolina University men's basketball team, and was the head coach at Texas State University for six seasons before resigning in 2006.
Nutt played in the CBA with the La Crosse Catbirds and the Sioux Falls Skyforce,. He played 25 games with the NBA's Dallas Mavericks in the 1986–87 National Basketball Association season then signed with Milwaukee Bucks in 1989 and the Sacramento Kings in 1990. Following his NBA career, he played for Real Madrid in Spain for one year for the season 1989–90.
Dennis Nutt is the brother of Dickey Nutt, head men's basketball coach at Southeast Missouri State University, under whom he served as an assistant for five years until April 2000. They are also the brothers of Houston Nutt, who is the former head football coach of the University of Mississippi and the University of Arkansas, and Danny Nutt, a former running backs coach for the Arkansas Razorbacks football team.
- Basketball transactions, published September 21, 2007[dead link]
- Charlotte Bobcats Staff Directory
- Dennis Nutt Named Coastal Men's Basketball Assistant Coach
- Nutt Resigns as Texas State Basketball Coach
- Coach profile: Dennis Nutt @ txstatebobcats.cstv.com
- Historial estadístico
- It's brother against brother in Ivy League
- Health issues force Danny Nutt to resign as Arkansas RBs coach
- NBA stats @ basketballreference.com