Dennis Paoli is a screenwriter and playwright known for his work on horror films, specifically those directed by Stuart Gordon. He has written or co-written five of Gordon's films, including Re-Animator (1985) and From Beyond (1986). He has also collaborated with Gordon on the stage productions of Bleacher Bums, Re-Animator: The Musical, and Nevermore: An Evening with Edgar Allan Poe, and on two episodes of the Showtime horror television series Masters of Horror.
Paoli serves as the coordinator of the Hunter College writing center. He established the Heidi Paoli Fund in honor of his late wife (d. 1987) to distribute donations to approved cancer charities from a variety of fundraising sources.
|1985||Re-Animator||Stuart Gordon||Screenwriter||Stuart Gordon and William J. Norris|||
|1986||From Beyond||Stuart Gordon||Screenwriter and story writer||Brian YuznaS and Stuart GordonS|||
|1988||Ghoulies II||Albert Band||Screenwriter||Charlie DolanS|||
|1988||Spellcaster||Rafal Zielinski||Screenwriter||Charlie Bogel and Ed NahaS|||
|1988||Pulse Pounders||Charles Band||Screenwriter||Danny Bilson and Paul DeMeo|||
|1990||Meridian: Kiss of the Beast||Charles Band||Screenwriter||Charles BandS|||
|1991||The Pit and the Pendulum||Stuart Gordon||Screenwriter|||
|1993||Body Snatchers||Abel Ferrara||Screenwriter||Stuart Gordon, Nicholas St. John, Raymond CistheriS and Larry CohenS|||
|1995||Castle Freak||Stuart Gordon||Screenwriter and story writer||Stuart GordonS|||
|1996||The Dentist||Brian Yuzna||Screenwriter||Stuart Gordon and Charles Finch|||
|1992||Mortal Sins||Bradford May||Writer||Greg Martinelli||Television film|||
|2001||Bleacher Bums||Saul Rubinek||Writer||Mitch Paradise||Television film|||
|2005; 2007||Masters of Horror||Stuart Gordon||Writer||Stuart Gordon||Episodes: "H. P. Lovecraft's Dreams in the Witch-House"
"The Black Cat"
|Re-Animator: The Musical||Playwright||Stuart Gordon and William J. Norris|||
|Nevermore: An Evening with Edgar Allan Poe||Playwright|||
- An S indicates a story writer.
- "Setting Up a Fund in Honor of a Loved One". The New York Times. January 7, 1995. Retrieved August 31, 2018.
- Paoli, Dennis (April 9, 2012). ""Very Heaven" - Another Word". University of Wisconsin–Madison. Retrieved August 31, 2018.
- "Dennis Paoli - BFI". British Film Institute. Retrieved August 31, 2018.
- Scott, Tony (November 3, 1992). "Usa World Premiere Movie Mortal Sins". Variety. Retrieved August 31, 2018.
- Gallo, Phil (April 4, 2002). "Bleacher Bums". Variety. Retrieved August 31, 2018.
- Christiansen, Richard (June 13, 1989). "Old-timer 'Bleacher Bums' Still Packs A Wallop". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved August 31, 2018.
- Meisel, Myron (March 24, 2011). "Re-Animator the Musical: Theater Review". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved August 31, 2018.
- Wada, Karen (August 19, 2009). "Jeffrey Combs reanimates Edgar Allan Poe in 'Nevermore'". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved August 31, 2018.
|This article about a screenwriter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|