This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Dennis Patrick Harrison
March 14, 1918
|Died||October 13, 2002 (aged 84)|
|Cause of death||House fire|
|Other names||Dennis Harrison|
|Years active||1958 – 1990s|
|Known for||See Career|
|Spouse(s)||Amelia Baines (1946-1969; divorced); 2 children|
Barbara Cason (1970-90; her death)
Patrick is known for his work in television shows. He portrayed Patrick Chase in the syndicated drama Rituals (1984),:897 Vaughn Leland in CBS's Dallas,:229 Jack Breen in the ABC crime drama Bert D'Angelo/Superstar (1976) and Sergeant Pat O'Dennis in the syndicated comedy The Cliffwood Avenue Kids (1977).:194
He made four guest appearances on Perry Mason, three of them as the murder victim: Martin Selkirk in the 1959 episode, "The Case of the Deadly Toy," Martin Somers in the 1962 episode, "The Case of the Tarnished Trademark," and golf pro Chick Farley in the 1966 episode, "The Case of the Golfer's Gambit." and as Prosecutor Darryl Teshman in the 1960 episode "The Case of the Prudent Prosecutor". Among his other television appearances were the roles of Jason McGuire and Paul Stoddard in Dark Shadows, Mac in Somerset, and in such films as The Time Travelers (1964), Daddy's Gone A-Hunting (1969), Joe (1970), Dear Dead Delilah (1972) and Nightmare Honeymoon (1974). He also was a stage actor, having won the Theater World Award for his starring role in The Wayward Saint. He also portrayed Jean Paul Marat on Broadway in Marat Sade.
Patrick appeared in more than 1,800 guest roles on television programs during his four-decade career, including stints on Tales of Tomorrow (1952), Kraft Theatre (1949–57), Gunsmoke (1958), Playhouse 90 (1958), Sugarfoot (1959), Buckskin (1959), Peter Gunn (1959), U.S. Marshal (1959-1960), 77 Sunset Strip (1960), Bonanza (1960, as Sam Bord in the episode "The Hopefuls"), Wanted: Dead or Alive (1960), Alfred Hitchcock Presents (1960–61); Hawaiian Eye (1962), The Virginian (episode "Big Day, Great Day" 1962), Laramie (1960-1963), Perry Mason (1959-1966), Empire (as Hoot Hinkley in "The Tiger Inside", 1963), The Dakotas (1963), Lost in Space (1966, as Keema "The Golden Man"), Dark Shadows (1967-1970), Emergency! (three episodes, 1972-1975), Dallas Dennis Patrick also appeared in Barnaby Jones; episode titled "Dangerous Summer" (02/11/1975).(1979-1984, as Vaughn Leland), Quincy, M.E., (three episodes, 1979–82) and The Incredible Hulk (as Buck Hendricks, a big game hunter looking to help news reporter Jack McGee capture "The jolly green giant") 
Patrick married Amelia Baines and had two children. They divorced in 1969. He remained married to actress Barbara Cason, his second wife, from 1970 until her death in 1990. Patrick died in a fire at his home in Hollywood, aged 84.
|1950||The Strip Tease Murder Case||Johnny|
|1964||The Time Travelers||Councilman Willard|
|1969||Daddy's Gone A-Hunting||Dr. Parkington|
|1970||Tiger by the Tail||Frank Michaelis|
|1970||House of Dark Shadows||Sheriff George Patterson|
|1974||Nightmare Honeymoon||John Kenmore|
|1980||The Secret of Nikola Tesla||Thomas Alva Edison|
|1989||Chances Are||Archibald Blair|
|1994||The Air Up There||Father O'Hara||(final film role)|
- "He's working both side of soap scene". The Indiana Gazette. Pennsylvania, Indiana. Newspaper Enterprise Association. July 1, 1980. p. 40. Retrieved June 30, 2016 – via Newspapers.com.
- Therolf, Garrett (October 16, 2002). "Actor who died in house fire recalled by sister in Easton". The Morning Call. Pennsylvania, Allentown. p. 17. Retrieved July 5, 2019 – via Newspapers.com.
- Terrace, Vincent (2011). Encyclopedia of Television Shows, 1925 through 2010 (2nd ed.). Jefferson, N.C.: McFarland & Company, Inc., Publishers. pp. 90–91. ISBN 978-0-7864-6477-7.
- "Theatre World Award Recipients". Theatre World Awards. Archived from the original on January 13, 2013. Retrieved July 5, 2019.
- Dennis Patrick on IMDb
- Dennis Patrick at the Internet Broadway Database
- "Dennis Patrick, 84, veteran actor who played J.R. Ewing's banker". News-Press. Florida, Fort Myers. Associated Press. October 15, 2002. p. 15. Retrieved July 5, 2019 – via Newspapers.com.
Demetria Fulton previewed Dennis Patrick in Barnaby Jones; episode titled "Dangerous Summer"(02/11/1975).