|Born||July 10, 1943|
Lehighton, Pennsylvania, U.S.
|Formerly of||Paul McCartney and Wings|
Denny Seiwell (born July 10, 1943) is an American drummer and a founding member of Wings. He also drummed for Billy Joel and Liza Minnelli and played in the scores for the films Waterworld, Grease II, and Vertical Limit. His drumming was used in TV shows such as Happy Days and Knots Landing.
Seiwell was born and raised in Lehighton, Pennsylvania, the son of Donald Seiwell and Fay Carrigan. He is a graduate of Lehighton High School and was a member of the first Carbon County Band in 1961. After graduating from high school, Seiwell enlisted in the United States Navy, in the rate of Musician, playing in the Navy Band. He moved to New York City and caught the eye of McCartney, who recruited him to be in his band Wings and according to Seiwell, the band was like one big family living between London and the McCartneys' farm in Scotland. After leaving the band, Seiwell eventually moved to Los Angeles, where he has resided since 1975. Seiwell stated in 2019 that he and McCartney have kept in touch since 1993.
Paul and Linda McCartney
- Studio albums
These are singles that have not appeared on any official album except on compilations.
- 1972: C Moon
- 1972: Mary Had a Little Lamb
- 1972: Hi, Hi, Hi
- 1978: Wings Greatest (EMI)
- 1987: All the Best! - Performs on C Moon, Another Day, Live and Let Die and Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey.
- 2001: Wingspan (EMI)
- 2016: Pure McCartney - Performs on Heart of the Country, Dear Boy, Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey, Too Many People and The Back Seat of My Car.
- Live and Let Die - Plays on the title track.
- 1973: Live and Let Die (Apple/EMI) - Single
- 1969: Kai Winding/JJ Johnson – Betwixt and Between (A&M Records)
- 1970: John Denver – Take Me to Tomorrow (RCA)
- 1971: Astrud Gilberto – Gilberto with Turrentine (CTI)
- 1971: Billy Joel – Cold Spring Harbor (Columbia)
- 1973: Donovan – Essence to Essence (Epic)
- 1975: Keith Godchaux and Donna Godchaux – Keith & Donna (Round)
- 1975: Art Garfunkel – Breakaway (Columbia)
- 1977: Rick Danko – Rick Danko (Arista)
- 1977: Liza Minnelli – Tropical Nights (Columbia)
- 1982: Janis Joplin – Farewell Song (Columbia) - Posthumous compilation
- 1984: Deniece Williams – I'm So Proud (Columbia)
- 2021: Ram On - The 50th Anniversary Tribute to Paul and Linda McCartney's Ram - With Fernando Perdomo
- "On the Beat With Denny Seiwell: Talks New Book, Trio, and Drums". 1 April 2016. Retrieved 17 December 2018.
- Gower, Ron (March 18, 2010). "Denny Seiwell returns 'home' for Carbon County Band Festival". Times News. Archived from the original on September 19, 2018. Retrieved September 21, 2015.
- "Denny Seiwell".
- Slate, Jeff (2019)."In and Out of Wings: Denny Seiwell On His Friendship with Paul McCartney and Wings’ Underrated 1971-1973 Era" Rock Cellar Magazine
- "Denny Seiwell".