James Denton Thompson
|Reference style||The Right Reverend|
|Spoken style||My Lord|
Thompson was and educated at the Liverpool Institute and Corpus Christi College, Cambridge. He was ordained in 1883  and held curacies at St James, Didsbury and St Saviour’s, Liverpool. From 1886 to 1889 he was Clerical Superintendent of the Church of England Scripture Readers’ Society. After this he held incumbencies in Bootle, North Meols and Birmingham before ordination to the episcopate.
- Manx Notebook
- The Times, Saturday, Nov 01, 1924; pg. 14; Issue 43798; col B "Obituary. Death Of Dr. Denton Thompson., A Central Churchman."
- "Thompson, James Denton (THM879JD)". A Cambridge Alumni Database. University of Cambridge.
- The Times, Tuesday, Jun 20, 1882; pg. 8; Issue 30538; col C University Intelligence
- "The Clergy List, Clerical Guide and Ecclesiastical Directory" London, Hamilton & Co 1889
- The Times, Thursday, Nov 13, 1890; pg. 10; Issue 33168; col F Ecclesiastical Appointments
- British History On-Line
- "Bishops of Sodor and Man". Archived from the original on May 31, 2009. Retrieved 2010-01-07.
Thomas Wortley Drury
| Bishop of Sodor and Man
Charles Leonard Thornton-Duesbury
|This article about a Church of England bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about the Isle of Man is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|