Denver and Delilah Productions
Charlize Theron founded Denver and Delilah Films in the early 2000s, and named the company after her two dogs Denver and Delilah. The company's film productions include the 2003 film Monster, 2006's East of Havana, 2008's Sleepwalking, 2011's Young Adult and 2017's Atomic Blonde.
Collaborations and deals
In July 2013, the company signed on with Bunim/Murray Productions to develop and produce unscripted programming for television. In January 2015, Denver & Delilah signed a first look deal with Universal Cable Productions to develop and produce scripted series for NBCUniversal, and for that the company hired Laverne McKinnon as head of scripted television. While Beth Kono and A.J. Dix also partnered with Theron on these projects. One project in development, with comic book writer Greg Rucka, is an adaptation of the stop-motion animated comedy web series The Most Popular Girls in School.
|Year||Film title||Director||Gross (worldwide)||Notes|
|2003||Monster||Patty Jenkins||$60.4 million||Won one Academy Award (best actress)|
|2006||East of Havana||Jauretsi Saizarbitoria, Emilia Menocal||Documentary film|
|2011||Young Adult||Jason Reitman||$22.65 million|
|2015||Dark Places||Gilles Paquet-Brenner||$3.5 million|
|2016||Brain on Fire||Gerard Barrett|
|2017||Atomic Blonde||David Leitch||$98.4 million|
|2018||Gringo||Nash Edgerton||$9.2 million|
|2018||A Private War||Matthew Heineman|
- Ramanathan, Lavanya (September 18, 2009). "With Burning Plain and Other Work, Charlize Theron Pushes to Make Days Count". The Washington Post. Retrieved February 4, 2016.
- "Charlize Theron - Denver and Delilah Productions". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved February 4, 2016.
- Patten, Dominic (July 29, 2013). "Charlize Theron's Denver & Delilah And Bunim/Murray Ink Unscripted Joint Venture". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved February 4, 2016.
- Andreeva, Nellie (January 15, 2015). "Charlize Theron's Company Inks First-Look Deal With Universal Cable Prods". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved February 4, 2016.
- Wagmeister, Elizabeth (January 15, 2015). "Charlize Theron Inks First-Look Deal With Universal Cable Prods". Variety. Retrieved August 14, 2015.