This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article possibly contains original research. (October 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|District||Aurangabad 1973 - Now |
|Founded by||King of Deo Town|
|Elevation||89 m (292 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Deo also known as "Dev", is a city council, town and a notified area in Aurangabad district in the Indian state of Bihar. Deo is located 10 km to the southeast of District Administrative Aurangabad Bihar.
Deo is located at  It has an average elevation of 89 metres (291 feet).
As of 2001[update] India census, Deo had a population of 173,216. Males constitute 89,280 of the population and females 83,936. Deo has an average literacy rate of 89%, more than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 75%, and female literacy is 61%. In Deo, 29% of the population is under 6 years of age. Total number of households was 27,596.
Deo has a road network providing connectivity with the state of Bihar and other parts of the country. The Grand Trunk Road from Kolkata to Delhi passes some 4 km from Deo. This road is known as National Highway 19 (before 2010, National Highway 2)
- "History | Welcome to Aurangabad Bihar | India". aurangabad.bih.nic.in.
- "Deo". Deo.
- "Villages & Towns in Deo Block of Aurangabad, Bihar". www.census2011.co.in.
- "Census of India Search details". censusindia.gov.in. Retrieved 10 May 2015.
- "Deo Temple | Welcome to Aurangabad Bihar | India".
- "Maps, Weather, and Airports for Deo, India". www.fallingrain.com.
- "Census of India 2011: Data from the 2011 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.
- "Census of India: Search Details". Censusindia.gov.in. Retrieved 13 April 2019.
- "Data" (PDF). dorth.gov.in. Archived from the original (PDF) on 1 February 2016. Retrieved 11 April 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Deo, Bihar.|
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Deo.|