Deo, Aurangabad (Bihar)
|District||Aurangabad 1973 - Now |
|District||Gaya district 1864-1973 |
|Founded by||King of Dev Town|
|Elevation||89 m (292 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Deo is a town and a notified area in Aurangabad district in the Indian state of Bihar. It is the district's second-largest town in population after Aurangabad, from 2011. and also the second largest town in area. Deo is located 12 km away from the District Administration. Historically, the town was the centre of the Deo Raj zamindari estate. Deo is also known as Dev Town.
Deo is located at  It has an average elevation of 89 metres (291 feet). The land here is very fertile so here Year-round cultivated here. Major crops here Paddy, wheat, maize, millet, sugarcane, Mustard, Tissi, Arhar, Chana, etc.
As of 2001[update] India census, Deo had a population of 173,216. Males constitute 89,280 of the population and females 83,936. Deo has an average literacy rate of 89%, more than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 75%, and female literacy is 61%. In Deo, 29% of the population is under 6 years of age. Total number of households was 27,596.
There are many city buses and taxis providing services across the city and Aurangabad. City Bus, Auto-Rickhaw, Taxi, and cycle rickshaw moves here generally to the local transport. he main bus stands are Government Bus Stand, Near Deo Block, Near Old Police Station. Local transport is reliable, and auto rickshaws are available for various destinations in the city.
Deo has a road network providing good connectivity with the state of Bihar and other parts of the country.Regular Bus service is from Deo to Aurangabad, Patna, TATA, Ranchi, Kolkata, Dhanbad and Goh etc. The Grand Trunk Road from Kolkata to Delhi passes some 4 km from Deo. This road, known as National Highway 2 before 2010, is now called National Highway 19. It connects Deo to Patna, Ranchi, Jamshedpur, Bokaro, Rourkela, Durgapur, Kolkata (503 km), Varanasi (197 km), Allahabad, Kanpur, Delhi, Amritsar, and to the Pakistani cities of Lahore and Peshawar. Deo is connected to Patna (160 km) by National Highway 22 (formerly NH 83), and to Nawada, Rajgir (125 km) and Bihar Sharif by NH 170. Construction work began in 2018 on the Deo More on NH2 in Over bridge.
Deo has a big market for the local area. Chhath Puja, tourist, Education Hub, Technology Hub & Agriculture is the main profession of this Town. Still this City is waiting for Industrial development. Education, Drinking water, Road and Electricity are the main concern of this City. Young generation is more attracted towards mobile, Laptop and computer technology these days. If banks and finance institutions proved loan and other financial support to the Cities, this City will see the real development. Medical and health services has to be improved.
Schools and colleges
- Maharana Pratap College
- Raja Jagnanth Inter College
- Brijrani Kumari Kanya Inter College
- R.J High School
- Girls High School
- Sarshwati Shishu Mandir
- T.R Convent
- DAV Public School
- Vivekanand Mission School
- INCIT Education
Deo Sun Temple
THe Deo Sun Temple built in the 8th century, is one of the few surviving sun tamples in India and visitied by both pilgrims and tourists.
Deo Fort Deo Fort one of the architectural structure in deo, bihar. old king fort in deo aurangabad bihar. The fort is located next to Deo Surya Mandir and faces northwards.
- Deo Govt Hospital Near Old Police Station.
- Prema Devi Hospital
- Deo Hospital
- "Villages & Towns in Deo Block of Aurangabad, Bihar". www.census2011.co.in.
- "Census of India Search details". censusindia.gov.in. Retrieved 10 May 2015.
- "Maps, Weather, and Airports for Deo, India". www.fallingrain.com.
- "Census of India 2011: Data from the 2011 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.
- "Census of India: Search Details". Censusindia.gov.in. Retrieved 13 April 2019.
- "Data" (PDF). dorth.gov.in.
- "PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK STATE BIHAR DISTRICT DEO DISTT AURANGABAD IFSC Code : Find PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK STATE BIHAR DISTRICT DEO DISTT AURANGABAD IFSC Code, Bank Branches and Address in India". The Economic Times.
- "STATE BANK OF INDIA DEO, BIHAR IFSC Code: Find STATE BANK OF INDIA DEO MICR Code, IFSC Code on The Economic Times". The Economic Times.
- "Barabar Caves". Times of India Travel. Retrieved 28 April 2019.