Thompson with the Baltimore Ravens in 2012
|No. 14 Chicago Bears|
|Date of birth:||February 14, 1989|
|Place of birth:||Belle Glade, Florida|
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight:||205 lb (93 kg)|
|High school:||Belle Glade (FL) Glades Central|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2016|
Deonte Thompson (born February 14, 1989) is an American football wide receiver for the Chicago Bears of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football for the University of Florida, where he was a member of a BCS National Championship team. Thompson was signed by the Baltimore Ravens as an undrafted free agent in 2012.
Thompson was born in the small agricultural town of Belle Glade, Florida. He attended Glades Central High School in Belle Glade, where he played for the Glades Central Raiders high school football team. As a senior in 2006, he helped lead the Raiders to a Class 3A state football championship with 30 receptions for 504 yards and eight touchdowns, despite missing five games with a foot injury. In the state championship game, he rushed for 82 yards and two touchdowns.
Thompson also ran in the 100-meter and 200-meter events for the Glades Central track and field team. He won the 100 meters at the 2007 Western Conference Meet, with a career-best time of 10.47 seconds. In the finals of the 2007 FHSAA 2A Region 4, he earned first place in both the 100 meters and the 200 meters. He ran a career-best time of 21.29 seconds in the 200 meters as a senior.
Thompson accepted an athletic scholarship to attend the University of Florida, and played for coach Urban Meyer and coach Will Muschamp's Florida Gators football teams from 2008 to 2011. After red-shirting for the 2007 season, he played in every game in 2008 – a season which culminated in the Gators winning the BCS National Championship. In 2010, his most productive year, he had 38 receptions, 570 receiving yards and a touchdown as a junior. As a senior in 2011, he compiled 21 receptions, 264 receiving yards and a touchdown. In four seasons, he totaled 101 catches for 1,446 yards and nine touchdowns.
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 0 in||198 lb||4.31 s||1.50 s||2.51 s||4.40 s||6.96 s||36.5 in||10 ft 5 in||20 reps|
|All values from Central Florida Pro Day.|
He made the team and caught five passes in the regular season, and handled kick return duties for the first five games. Thompson had his best game as a receiver in week 4 of the 2013 season when he caught 4 passes for 50 yards.
On December 8, 2014, Thompson was signed by the Buffalo Bills. On September 4, 2015, he was waived-injured by the Bills. On September 11, 2015, Thompson was released by the Bills with an injury settlement.
Thompson re-signed with the Bears on a one-year contract on March 24, 2016.
On November 27, 2016, Thompson caught five catches for 44 yards and a touchdown against the Tennessee Titans. He recorded his first career touchdown, which was a 6-yard reception from Matt Barkley in the fourth quarter. On December 18, 2016, Thompson caught eight passes for a career-high 110 yards against the Green Bay Packers. He recorded his first 100-yard game of his career.
- GatorZone.com, Football, 2011 Roster, Deonte Thompson. Retrieved July 11, 2014.
- "Deonte Thompson College Statistics". sports-reference.com.
- "Deonte Thompson". kffl.com. Archived from the original on December 4, 2014.
- Brown, Chris (September 4, 2015). "Leodis McKelvin to Reserve/NFI as Bills release 16". BuffaloBills.com. Retrieved September 14, 2015.
- "Bills make four roster moves". BuffaloBills.com. September 11, 2015. Retrieved September 14, 2015.
- Mayer, Larry (2016-09-22). "Bears promote Fales to active roster". Chicago Bears. Retrieved 2016-12-20.
- Campbell, Rich (2015-11-10). "Bears rookie Tayo Fabuluje suspended four games". chicagotribune.com. Retrieved 2016-12-20.
- Dickerson, Jeff (March 24, 2016). "Bears re-sign WR/KR Deonte Thompson". ESPN.com. Retrieved June 13, 2016.
- Potash, Mark (2016-11-27). "Josh Bellamy rues wide-open drop: 'I just missed the opportunity'". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved 2016-12-20.
- "Barkley finds Deonte Thompson for a 6-yard TD on 4th down". NFL.com. Retrieved 2016-12-20.
- "Deonte Thompson Career Touchdown Log | Pro-Football-Reference.com". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved 2016-12-20.
- LeGere, Bob (2016-12-18). "Slow start for Bears' Jeffery in return against Packers". Daily Herald. Retrieved 2016-12-20.
- "Deonte Thompson 100-Yard Receiving Games | The Football Database". FootballDB.com. Retrieved 2016-12-20.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Deonte Thompson.|