Department of Science and Technology (India)
The Department of Science and Technology (DST) is a department within the Ministry of Science and Technology in India. It was established in May 1971, with the objective of promoting new areas of Science and Technology and to play the role of a nodal department for organising, coordinating and promoting Scientific and Technological activities in the country. It gives funds to various approved scientific projects in India. It also supports various researchers in India to attend conferences abroad and to go for experimental works.
- Technology Information, Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC)
- Vigyan Prasar
- Established in 1989, Vigyan Prasar (VP) is an autonomous organisation under the Department of Science and Technology whose objectives are to take up large-scale science popularization tasks/activities, to promote and propagate scientific and rational outlook, to act as a resource-cum-facility centre for S&T communication. It publishes a magazine Dream 2047.
- National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL)
- National Centre for Medium Range Weather Forecasting (NCMRWF)
- National Atlas and Thematic Mapping Organisation (NATMO), Calcutta
- Survey of India, Dehradun
- India Meteorological Department (IMD)
- Vigyan prasar science portal. Vigyanprasar.gov.in. Retrieved on 2013-12-06.
|This article about government in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|