Department of Trade (1983–87)
|Formed||11 March 1983|
|Dissolved||24 July 1987|
|Jurisdiction||Commonwealth of Australia|
The Department was dissolved in July 1987 as part of a large overhaul of the Public Service that reduced the number of departments from 28 to 17.
Information about the department's functions and/or government funding allocation could be found in the Administrative Arrangements Orders, the annual Portfolio Budget Statements and in the Department's annual reports.
At the department's creation it was responsible for:
- Trade and Commerce with other countries in particular-
- Bilateral and Multilateral trade policy.
- Trade promotion and services.
- Trade agreements.
- Export services.
- CA 3500: Department of Trade [II], Central Office, National Archives of Australia, retrieved 28 December 2013
- Campbell, Rod (15 July 1987). "Enormous PS shake-up: 3000 positions abolished: 11 departments wiped out". The Canberra Times. p. 1.
|This Australian government-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|