Department of Transport (1993–96)
|Formed||23 December 1993|
|Dissolved||11 March 1996|
|Jurisdiction||Commonwealth of Australia|
Information about the department's functions and/or government funding allocation could be found in the Administrative Arrangements Orders, the annual Portfolio Budget Statements and in the Department's annual reports.
According to the Administrative Arrangements Order (AAO) made on 15 December 1993, the Department dealt with:
- Shipping and marine navigation
- Land transport (including road safety)
- Civil aviation and air navigation
- Aviation security
The Department was an Australian Public Service department responsible to the Minister for Transport, Laurie Brereton. Department officials were headed by a Secretary, initially Graham Evans (until his retirement on 20 February 1995), and then Peter Core.
- CA 7854: Department of Transport [V], Central Office, National Archives of Australia, retrieved 2 December 2013
- Administrative Arrangements Order issued 15 December 1993 (PDF), National Archives of Australia, 15 December 1993, p. 139, archived from the original (PDF) on 27 April 2013
- Keating, Paul (13 February 1995). "STATEMENT BY THE PRIME MINISTER, THE HON P J KEATING, MP APPOINTMENT OF DEPARTMENTAL SECRETARIES" (Press release). Archived from the original on 2 December 2013.
|This Australian government-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|