This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Look up chug in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A bomb shot, depth charge, or drop shot (Western Canada), is a mixed drink that is made by mixing two drinks. A drink in a small glass (typically a shot glass) is dropped into a larger glass holding a different drink. The resulting cocktail is typically consumed as quickly as possible ("chugged"). Recently, the term has become more loosely defined as simply a shot that is made by mixing two drinks.
This section needs additional citations for verification. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
A bomb shot typically consists of a shot glass of hard liquor that is dropped into a glass partially filled with beer but sometimes with some other beverage. Many variations exist. When the shot is dropped into a superpint it is commonly known as a "Depth Charge," because it resembles the anti-submarine weapon being dropped on a target.
Examples of popular bomb shots include:
- The classic Boilermaker: a shot of whisky dropped into beer
- Flaming Doctor Pepper: a shot of Amaretto and Bacardi 151 which is lit on fire and dropped into beer
- Jägerbomb: a shot of Jägermeister dropped into a glass containing an energy drink. Likewise, the F-Bomb — Fireball Cinnamon Whisky and Red Bull.
- Irish Car Bomb: a shot glass containing 1/2 Irish cream and 1/2 Irish whiskey dropped into 1/2 pint of Guinness stout
- Sake bomb: a shot of sake dropped into beer
- Skittle Bomb: a shot of Cointreau dropped into a glass containing an energy drink
- Hoare, Peter (January 9, 2014). "5 Awesome Drinks You Can Make With Fireball Cinnamon Whisky". Food & drinks. MTV. Retrieved June 17, 2014.