The company was started in 1999 and produces accessibility testing software in addition to offering accessibility consulting services and training.
In May 2020, the WorldSpace brand name was retired and replaced by axe for each of Deque's products.
Deque tools, services and training are used to achieve compliance in support of the W3C's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 508 and EN 301 549.
Deque University is a collection of online accessibility training courses covering a range of topics from introductory level to expert-level International Association of Accessibility Professionals CPACC.
- "Deque Systems Software Announces Disruptive Web Technology for Disabled Customers - WashingtonExec". 13 July 2012.
- "Accessibility Testing Goes Open Source and Mainstream".
- "Yahoo | Mail, Weather, Search, Politics, News, Finance, Sports & Videos". Yahoo! News.
- "Digital vote-by-mail applications in most states are inaccessible to people with disabilities – TechCrunch". October 2020.
- "Absentee Ballot Applications Are Not Accessible to Voters with Disabilities in 43 States | Time". Time. 30 September 2020.
- "Ballot Applications in 43 States Inaccessible to Voters With Disabilities". Business Insider.
- "Audit found 43 states' mail-in ballot applications are not accessible for people with disabilities |". The Hill. 30 September 2020.
- "Deque Wraps First Axe-Con: Largest Accessibility Conference Ever, With Over 17,000 Registered from Around the Globe | Business Wire" (Press release). Business Wire. 12 March 2021.
- "The Forrester Wave™: Digital Accessibility Platforms, Q4 2023 | Forrester Research". Forrester Research. 18 October 2023.
- "Web Accessibility Evaluation Tools List".
- https://www.etsi.org/deliver/etsi_en/301500_301599/301549/03.02.01_60/en_301549v030201p.pdf[bare URL PDF]
- "Microsoft and Deque make accessibility easy for millions of developers | Windows Central". 9 July 2019.