Derbyshire Dales (UK Parliament constituency)
for the House of Commons
Boundary of Derbyshire Dales in Derbyshire for the 2010 general election.
Location of Derbyshire within England.
|Electorate||63,732 (December 2010)|
|Major settlements||Ashbourne, Bakewell, Matlock|
|Member of parliament||Patrick McLoughlin (Conservative)|
|Number of members||One|
|Created from||West Derbyshire|
|European Parliament constituency||East Midlands|
Derbyshire Dales / / or / / is a constituency[n 1] represented in the House of Commons of the UK Parliament by Patrick McLoughlin of the Conservative Party since being created for the 2010 general election.[n 2]
Following their review of parliamentary representation in Derbyshire, the Boundary Commission for England created a new constituency of Derbyshire Dales which is almost coterminous with the previous seat of West Derbyshire.
The constituency is geographically large. Most of its area is in the Peak District National Park, including its main settlements of Ashbourne, Bakewell and Matlock. It was fought for the first time at the 2010 general election and is currently represented by the Conservative Patrick McLoughlin, the Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster and Chairman of the Conservative Party. This constituency and its predecessor West Derbyshire have been represented by Conservative MPs since 1950.
The District of Derbyshire Dales, and the Borough of Amber Valley wards of Alport, Crich, and South West Parishes.
Members of Parliament
|2010||Sir Patrick McLoughlin||Conservative|
Elections in the 2010s
|Liberal Democrat||Andrew Hollyer||3,126||6.3||2.1|
|Liberal Democrat||Ben Fearn||3,965||8.4||−14.1|
|Liberal Democrat||Joe Naitta||10,512||22.5||−1.9|
|Monster Raving Loony||Nick The Flying Brick||228||0.5||N/A|
Notes and references
- "Electorate Figures – Boundary Commission for England". 2011 Electorate Figures. Boundary Commission for England. 4 March 2011. Archived from the original on 6 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "D" (part 1)
- "Candidates for Derbyshire Dales". Democracy Club. Retrieved 17 May 2017.
- "Election Data 2015". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 17 October 2015. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
- "Election Data 2010". Electoral Calculus. Archived from the original on 26 July 2013. Retrieved 17 October 2015.
|This article relating to a constituency of the Parliament of the United Kingdom or its predecessors is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|