Derek Anderson (fighter)
|Born||February 20, 1990|
San Diego, California, United States
|Other names||The Barbaric|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight||165 lb (75 kg; 11.8 st)|
|Reach||74.0 in (188 cm)|
|Team||Team Xplode MMA|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Mixed martial arts career
Anderson began training in mixed martial arts at the age of 19, and later made his professional mixed martial arts debut in 2011. Anderson compiled an undefeated record of 9-0 with one no contest before being signed by Bellator
Anderson was then scheduled to face Terry Etim in the quarterfinals of the Bellator Season Ten Lightweight Tournament on March 21, 2014 at Bellator 113. Etim then pulled out due to an ACL injury. Etim was replaced by Brandon Girtz. Anderson won via knockout due to a knee strike in the second round.
In the semifinals, Anderson faced Polish submission specialist Marcin Held at Bellator 117 on April 18, 2014. Anderson was handed his first professional loss via triangle choke submission in the second round.
Anderson faced Saad Awad at Bellator 160 on August 26, 2016. In a back-and-forth affair, in which both fighters traded near submission finishes, Anderson ultimately won the fight via unanimous decision.
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|19 matches||16 wins||3 losses|
|Win||16–3 (1)||Guilherme Bomba||Decision (unanimous)||Bellator 229||October 4, 2019||3||5:00||Temecula, California, United States|
|Win||15–3 (1)||Zak Bucia||Decision (unanimous)||Bellator 197||April 13, 2018||3||5:00||St. Charles, Missouri, United States||Catchweight (165 lbs) bout.|
|Loss||14–3 (1)||Derek Campos||Decision (unanimous)||Bellator 170||January 21, 2017||3||5:00||Inglewood, California, United States|
|Win||14–2 (1)||Saad Awad||Decision (unanimous)||Bellator 160||August 26, 2016||3||5:00||Anaheim, California, United States|
|Win||13–2 (1)||Patricky Freire||Decision (split)||Bellator 147||December 4, 2015||3||5:00||San Jose, California, United States|
|Loss||12–2 (1)||Brent Primus||Decision (split)||Bellator 141||August 28, 2015||3||5:00||Temecula, California, United States|
|Win||12–1 (1)||Danny Navarro||TKO (punches)||Bellator 132||January 16, 2015||3||3:51||Temecula, California, United States|
|Loss||11–1 (1)||Marcin Held||Submission (triangle choke)||Bellator 117||April 18, 2014||2||3:09||Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States||Bellator Season Ten Lightweight Tournament Semifinal.|
|Win||11–0 (1)||Brandon Girtz||KO (knee)||Bellator 113||March 21, 2014||2||0:23||Mulvane, Kansas, United States||Bellator Season Ten Lightweight Tournament Quarterfinal.|
|Win||10–0 (1)||Patricky Freire||Decision (unanimous)||Bellator 98||September 7, 2013||3||5:00||Uncasville, Connecticut, United States|
|Win||9–0 (1)||Craig Flynn||TKO (punches)||Xplode Fight Series: Aftermath||July 20, 2013||1||0:48||San Pasqual Indian Reservation, California United States|
|Win||8–0 (1)||Ray Carter||Submission (armbar)||Xplode Fight Series: Revancha||March 16, 2013||2||1:02||San Pasqual Indian Reservation, California, United States|
|NC||7–0 (1)||Aaron Neveu||No Contest (overturned)||Xplode Fight Series: Damage||November 17, 2012||1||2:06||San Pasqual Indian Reservation, California, United States||Overturned due to unintentional headbutt.|
|Win||7–0||Edward Darby||Submission (armbar)||Xplode Fight Series: Anarchy||September 22, 2012||1||1:06||San Pasqual Indian Reservation, California, United States|
|Win||6–0||Kris Armbrister||Submission (guillotine choke)||Xplode Fight Series: Eclipse||July 28, 2012||1||2:56||San Pasqual Indian Reservation, California, United States|
|Win||5–0||Dino Valdez||Submission (guillotine choke)||Xplode Fight Series: Disarm||March 24, 2012||1||0:26||San Pasqual Indian Reservation, California, United States|
|Win||4–0||Jeremy Michur||TKO (knee)||Xplode Fight Series: Brutal Conduct||January 21, 2012||1||1:40||San Pasqual Indian Reservation, California, United States|
|Win||3–0||Chris Mercado||TKO (punches)||Gladiator Challenge: Season's Beatings 3||December 4, 2011||2||N/A||San Jacinto, California, United States|
|Win||2–0||Dominique Chisem||Submission (guillotine choke)||Xplode Fight Series: Hillside Havoc||November 19, 2011||1||N/A||San Pasqual Indian Reservation, California, United States|
|Win||1–0||Leo Franklin||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Xplode Fight Series: Rumble off the Reservation||August 6, 2011||3||2:42||San Pasqual Indian Reservation, California, United States|
- "Derek Anderson | MMA Fighter Page | Tapology". tapology.com. Retrieved 2014-06-13.
- "Patricky Pitbull vs. Derek Anderson booked for Bellator 98".
- MMAjunkie Staff (January 8, 2015). "Bellator 132 complete with seven prelims, including Dustin Jacoby vs. John Salter". mmajunkie.com.
- "Bellator 147 Fight Card". bellator.com. 2015-12-11.
- Ariel Helwani (2016-11-04). "Paul Daley pulled from tonight's Bellator 163 card after difficult weight cut". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2016-11-04.
- Luke Thomas (August 27, 2016). "Bellator 160 results: Benson Henderson earns victory on Patricio Pitbull injury". mmafighting.com.
- Steven Marrocco (January 22, 2017). "Bellator 170 results: Tito Ortiz stuns Chael Sonnen, taps him out in first". mmajunkie.com.
- Mike Bohn (February 17, 2017). "Michael 'Venom' Page to face Derek Anderson at Bellator 179 in London". mmajunkie.com.
- Gareth Davies (May 10, 2017). "Breaking: Michael 'Venom' Page out of Wembley Bellator 179 fight with Derek Anderson after suffering knee injury". telegraph.co.uk.
- Alexander K. Lee (November 7, 2017). "Derek Anderson vs. Adam Piccolotti announced for Bellator 189". mmafighting.com.
- Marc Raimondi (November 22, 2017). "David Rickels replaces injured Derek Anderson, faces Adam Piccolotti at Bellator 189". mmafighting.com.