||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||Derek G. Deadman
11 March 1940
Margate, Kent, England
|Died||22 November 2014
|Cause of death||Diabetes|
|Years active||1972 – 2010|
Derek Deadman (11 March 1940 – 22 November 2014) was an English character actor who appeared in numerous British films and television series for 48 years.
Born in Margate, Kent, Deadman was one of the three sons of George and Edith Deadman who worked as window cleaners and decorators.
Deadman appeared on television in minor roles before being cast in a more significant part as Rankin in two episodes of the RAF sitcom Get Some In! in 1975 and 1978. He then played Ringo in 39 of the 66 episodes of the series Never the Twain between 1981 and 1991. He also played the ruthless Sontaran Commander Stor in the Doctor Who serial The Invasion of Time.
His many film appearances include roles in The Canterbury Tales (1972), Queen Kong (1976), Jabberwocky (1977), The Glitterball (1977), The Big Sleep (1978), the film version of Porridge (1979), A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square (1979), The Apple (1980), Time Bandits (1981), Never Say Never Again (1983), Bullshot (1983), Brazil (1985), National Lampoon's European Vacation (1985), Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (1991), and the barman of The Leaky Cauldron, Tom, in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (2001). He died in Frespech, France in 2014.
Deadman died of complications from diabetes in Frespech, France, where he moved to upon his retirement, in 2014, aged 74.
- The Canterbury Tales (1972) - The Pardoner
- The Darwin Adventure (1972) - Man #2
- Queen Kong (1976) - Cockney (uncredited)
- Jabberwocky (1977) - Apprentice Armourer
- The Glitterball (1977) - Ice cream man (uncredited)
- The Big Sleep (1978) - Customer in Bookshop
- Porridge (1979) - Cooper
- A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square (1979) - Nobby Flowers
- The Apple (1980) - Bulldog
- Time Bandits (1981) - Robert
- Funny Money (1983) - Taxi Driver
- Never Say Never Again (1983) - Porter at Shrublands
- Bullshot (1983) - Reg Erskine
- Morons from Outer Space (1985) - Man in Car
- Brazil (1985) - Bill--Dept. of Works
- National Lampoon's European Vacation (1985) - Taxi Driver
- Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (1991) - Kneelock
- Honest (2000) - Night Watchman
- Crush (2001) - Little Crematorium Man
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (2001) - Tom (Bartender in Leaky Cauldron)
- A Goldfish of the Flame (2010) - CIA Agent Flynn (final film role)
- http://www.leonardrossiter.com/reginaldperrin/BiogsSupp.html Derek Deadman at Leonard Rossiter.com. retrieved 1 January 2012
- http://www.equity.org.uk/documents/equity-magazine-spring-2015/equity-spring-2015.pdf Equity Magazine Spring 2015
- Lentz III, Harris (April 2015). "Obituaries". Classic Images (478): 50–56.
|This article about an English actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|