|Born||June 30, 1970|
Austin, Texas, U.S
Derek Haas (born June 30, 1970) is an American writer and producer.
Life and career
Derek Haas attended Baylor University in Waco, Texas, where he earned both his B.A. and M.A. in English Literature. He lives in Los Angeles, and has made a name as a screenwriter and co-author of several successful Hollywood films. In 2008 he published his novel The Silver Bear about the young contract killer Columbus. The sequel Columbus was released in 2009, and in 2011, Dark Men was published to complete the Silver Bear trilogy. His fourth novel, The Right Hand, was released in 2012. Haas was the editor of popcornfiction.com, where he published short stories by different authors. One of his own works, "Shake," was sold to Bruckheimer Films. Popcornfiction.com stopped publishing new stories in 2013 after Haas became too busy with television. Haas created and executive produces the NBC drama Chicago Fire, along with his writing partner Michael Brandt. Brandt and Haas also developed and executive produced Chicago P.D., a spin-off of Chicago Fire. Chicago Med, the second spin off of Chicago Fire premiered in November 2015.
- 2001 Invincible
- 2003 2 Fast 2 Furious
- 2004 Catch That Kid
- 2007 3:10 to Yuma
- 2008 Wanted
- 2011 The Double
- 2016 Overdrive
- Silver Bear series
- 2008 The Silver Bear
- 2009 Columbus, published as The Hunt for the Bear in the UK
- 2011 Dark Men
- 2015 A Different Lie
- 2018 The Way I Die
- 2012 The Right Hand
- 2009 "Shake" - Popcorn Fiction
- 2011 "Western Law" - Popcorn Fiction
- 2012 "A Bad Feeling" - Popcorn Fiction
- 2013 "Claustrophobia" - Popcorn Fiction
- 2013 "Lie" - Kwik Krimes
- 2015 "West 31st and South Halsted" - Don't Take Pictures
- 2020 "Benchley" - In League with Sherlock Holmes
- ""Bruckheimer rolls with Haas' Shake"". Archived from the original on 2009-09-03. Retrieved 2010-03-06.
- "Derek Haas, Michael Brandt to adapt Shake for Bruckheimer Films"
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Derek Haas.|