Derek Hopwood OBE is an Emeritus Fellow of St Antony's College, Oxford, and University Reader in Modern Middle Eastern Studies. Hopwood was the founding president Middle East Libraries Committee, a post which he kept until 1990. He is holder of the RISMES Award (2003)for Services to Middle Eastern Studies in Britain.
- Sexual Encounters in the Middle East: The British, the French and the Arabs (1999)
- Habib Bourguiba of Tunisia: The Tragedy of Longevity (1992)
- Egypt, Politics and Society, 1945-1990 (3rd edition 1992)
- Tales of Empire: The British in the Middle East (1989)
- Syria, 1945-1986: Politics and Society (1988)
- British Images of the Arabs (1980)
- St Anthony's COllege Record 2007 p.5 Emeritus fellows. Retrieved 5 December 2010
- Hopwood, Derek (10 February 2003). "Iraq: Conflict in Context". BBC. Retrieved 5 December 2010.
- St Anthony's College newsletter, Spring 2007 (10 April 2007), p.2 The Warden Retrieved 5 December 2010
- St Anthony's College, Oxford: news Retrieved 5 December 2010
- MELCOM International, Middle East Libraries Committee Retrieved 5 December 2010
- BRISMES: awards Retrieved 5 December 2010
|This biography article of a United Kingdom academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|