April 24, 1974 |
Jersey City, New Jersey, U.S.
Derek Luke (born April 24, 1974) is an American actor. He won the Independent Spirit Award for his big-screen debut performance in the 2002 film Antwone Fisher, directed and produced by Denzel Washington.
Luke was born in Jersey City, New Jersey, the son of Marjorie Dixon, a pianist, and Maurice Luke, a former actor. His father is from Georgetown, Guyana. He attended freshman year at Linden High School and graduated from Snyder High School in 1993.
Luke played a small part as a nurse in the 1999 episode "White Collar" of the sitcom The King of Queens, and appeared on the NBC show Trauma. He played one of the group members of Mayhem in the Moesha episode "Mayhem at the Jam Esp' (March 19, 2001).
He plays Alicia Keys' love interest in her music video for "Teenage Love Affair". He played singer Monica's love interest in the her music video for "So Gone". Luke played Sean 'Puffy' Combs in the 2009 film Notorious, and James 'Boobie' Miles in the 2004 film Friday Night Lights.
From February to April 2013, Luke played the character of "Gregory" in the F/X series The Americans.
|1999||The King of Queens||Orderly||Episode: "White Collar"|
|2000||The King of Queens||Delivery Man||Episode: "Dark Meet"|
|2001||Moesha||Ruckus||Episode: "Mayhem at the Jam"|
|2009–2010||Trauma||Cameron Boone||20 episodes|
|2011||Hawthorne||Dr. Miles Bourdet||8 episodes|
|2011||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||Paramedic||Episode: "CSI Down"|
|2013||The Americans||Gregory Thomas||3 episodes|
- "Today in History - April 24". Fox News. 2012-05-04.
- Kam Williams (2009-01-25). "Derek Luke: The Notorious Interview". KamWilliams.com. Retrieved 2009-06-30.
- "Tim Robbins and Derek Luke interview about Catch a Fire". PopEntertainment.com. 2006. Retrieved 2007-11-10.
- "Derek Luke Biography". Yahoo! Movies. Retrieved 2007-11-10.
- "It's just like in the movies: A novice hits the big time", "Los Angeles Times", Nov. 3, 2002
- Collis, Clark. "Fall Movie Summer Preview, September: Miracle at St. Anna." Entertainment Weekly, Iss. #1007/1008, August 22/29, 2008, pg. 42-45.