|Born||September 22, 1969|
California, United States
|Alma mater||Berklee College of Music|
|Occupation||Writer and programmer|
Sivers started CD Baby by accident in 1997 after requests from other independent musicians for him to sell their CDs on his website. CD Baby became the largest seller of independent music on the web, with over $100M in sales for over 150,000 musician clients.
In 2008, Sivers sold CD Baby. His current projects and writings are at sive.rs
In 2013, Sivers launched Wood Egg which published guides doing business in Asia.
In 2021, Sivers published the book "How to Live: 27 conflicting answers and one weird conclusion"
Sivers lives in New Zealand.
In 2008, Derek Sivers transferred ownership of his company to a charitable remainder unitrust called Independent Musicians Charitable Remainder Unitrust for music education, and had the trust sell it to Disc Makers.
- 2020: Anything you want (with Rythmicity)
- 1993: Sunshine – Young, Free & Single
- 1994: Danube Dance - Chains
- 1994: Club 69 - Pleasure
- 1995: Club 69 - Adults Only
- 1997: Captain T - U.S. Aliens
- How to Live: 27 conflicting answers and one weird conclusion (2021, Hit Media)
- Anything you want (2011, The Domino Project)
- Your Music and People: Creative and considerate fame
- Hell Yeah or No
- Small, M (2009). "Berklee Today". Indie Musician Advocate
- "Wood Egg – 2014 Startup Guides". Woodegg.com.
- "Sivers Yowo Interview".
- "imdb "Your Own Way Out"".
- "How to Live". www.goodreads.com. Retrieved October 12, 2021.
- "Derek Sivers". Sive.rs.
- "Why I gave my company to charity | Derek Sivers".
- Derek Sivers (2011). Anything you want. The Domino Project. ISBN 978-1-936719-11-2.
- Derek Sivers (2020). Your Music and People: Creative and considerate fame. Hit Media. ISBN 978-1-98-857503-2.
- Derek Sivers (2020). Hell Yeah or No: What's worth doing. Hit Media. ISBN 978-1-98-857506-3.
- Derek Sivers at TED
- Interview with Derek Sivers – Sivers' interview on Workspiration.org
- Interview with Derek Sivers – Sivers' interview Humanbehavior.solutions