|Full name||Derek William Temple|
|Date of birth||13 November 1938|
|Place of birth||Liverpool, Lancashire, England|
|1967–1970||Preston North End||76||(14)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Derek William Temple (born 13 November 1938) is an English former footballer who played in the Football League as a forward for Everton and Preston North End in the Football League. He was capped once for England.
Temple was born in Liverpool, Lancashire, and came through Everton's junior sides to make his first-team debut at centre-forward on 30 March 1957. He moved to inside forward later that year and linked up well with Dave Hickson, but the partnership was broken up when Temple was called up for his National Service. Harry Catterick moved Temple to the left wing in 1961, and during his first season in this position he scored 10 goals in 17 games. He missed out on a league winner's medal the next season, sidelined by a cartilage operation. Temple scored the late winner in Everton's 3–2 defeat of Sheffield Wednesday in the 1966 FA Cup Final. In his Everton career he made 272 appearances (one as substitute) scoring 82 goals (72 League, 8 FA Cup and 2 in Europe).
Temple was transferred to Preston North End for in 1967 for a £35,000 fee. He made 76 league appearances for Preston, scoring 14 goals. He joined Wigan Athletic for £4,000 in the summer of 1970. He made 40 Northern Premier League appearances for the club before deciding to retire.
- "Derek Temple". Englandstats. Retrieved 6 December 2009.
- "Derek Temple". UK A–Z Transfers. Neil Brown. Retrieved 6 December 2009.
- "Everton Player Stats Derek Temple". Everton F.C. Retrieved 6 December 2009.
- "Gallery of Players Signed Between 1950 - 1959". EFC History. Steve Clay. Archived from the original on 29 September 2007. Retrieved 6 December 2009.
- Hayes, Dean (1996). The Latics: The Official History of Wigan Athletic F.C. Harefield: Yore Publications. ISBN 1-874427-91-7.
- Derek Temple at Post War English & Scottish Football League A–Z Player's Database