This article is an autobiography or has been extensively edited by the subject or by someone connected to the subject. (March 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Derek Michael Warburton
July 19, 1974
|Other names||Derek Fabulous|
|Occupation||Co-Owner and Creative Director of LAPALME Magazine, fashion stylist, television personality, contemporary designer, style columnist, public speaker|
Derek Warburton (born July 19, 1974) also known as Derek Fabulous, is an American celebrity fashion stylist. In 2010, Warburton cameoed on season three the Bravo reality television series The Real Housewives of New York City. He attended college at Fashion Institute of Technology, in New York, NY.
Born Derek Michael Warburton, Warburton was raised in Rochester, New Hampshire, graduated from Nute High School and attended yet did not graduate from the Fashion Institute of Technology. Before working as a stylist, Warburton worked as a department store makeup artist and at Atomic Funk as a co-partner in Miami, FL.
The turning point in Derek’s career came in 2001 when he became the managing partner of Atomic Style Agency in Miami. From there he styled a multitude of celebrities including Beyonce Knowles, Miranda Kerr, Sean Paul and Heather Graham. In 2013 he styled Jessica Alba for the cover of West East which the Daily Mail labeled as “smoldering.” In 2014 Derek styled Rock n’ Roll hall of famer Darlene Love. Love, who was nominated for her life story “20 Feet From Stardom” took home the Academy Award for Best Documentary
Derek Warburton became a media personality and celebrity stylist. He is also the owner and creative director of LAPALME, a lifestyle magazine with readership across the US. Focusing on the metropolitan world, the magazine offers print and digital versions. Celebrities like Shay Mitchell, Josh Henderson, Oliva Culpo and Derek Hough, styled by Warburton, have all appeared on the cover.
Warburton has appeared on talk shows including Good Day New York, The Daily Buzz and Live Well Network. He spreads his philosophy, “help, teach, inspire, love and have fun.” His televised style advice has led to cameos on The Real Housewives of New York and co-hosting programs like the UK’s Fashion Avenue and Style’s Big Boutique. He was named in February 2017 the Style Ambassador for the Nolcha Shows during New York Fashion Week and in July 2017 he was named the Celebrity Ambassador for Feeric Fashion Week.
Warburton has worked as a featured editor for Maxim, Ocean Drive Style Interview Magazine and was the International Style Director for Hong Kong’s West East. He has also been a brand ambassador for Old Navy, Lancome, Asics, Go Smile, MCL and Jos A. Bank.
Other notable collaborations:
- Collaborated with Macy's as a fashion director for the North East Tour.
- Collaborated with Teen Brand Charlotte Russe as a fashion stylist representative.
- Collaborated Nicole Miller and America's Next Top Model, Krista White for New Zealand's Fashion Week.
- Warburton announced a short lived "BCool" Anti-Bulling Ad campaign in 2011.
Warburton produced the Real Fashion Real Women runway show benefitting Bottomless Closet, which provides professional clothing, job readiness, and post-employment training and coaching services to women on assistance and working-poor women. The first show closed the S/S 2012 NYFW. His runway shows for Bottomless Closet have been featured in New York Times, Us Weekly, E! News, The Daily Mail and was dubbed “the most important show of fashion week” by CBS News in its first season.
In 2017, Warburton was appointed as the Goodwill Ambassador for Just a Drop, an international water aid charity. As Goodwill Ambassador, Derek is working with JAD to raise money and highlight the importance of access to clean water and sanitation. In June 2017, Warburton and JAD visited Nicaragua to build wells for poor villages with schools with no running water.
Warburton was honored with the Style Ambassadorship Award by the city of Los Angeles for his philanthropic work. He was presented with the award by Mid City West Council Member/ Chairman of Education Committee Keith Kirkwood. Having been a homeless teen, Warburton has related these charity efforts to his difficult childhood: “I was told I wasn’t good enough and would never be anything. I can understand a person’s struggles so I can relate to everyone’s story.”
- Campbell, Alyson (2010-07-28). "Derek Warburton cameos on Real Housewives of New York and joins blazetrak as a premiere fashion professional". itsallverypr.com. Retrieved 2011-04-27.
- VIPlounge, Celebrity (2010-07-28). "Style Guru Derek Warburton exclusive interview". celebrityviplounge.com. Retrieved 2011-04-27.
- Website, Blazetrak (2011-03-29). "Derek "Fabulous" Warburton". Blazetrak.com. Retrieved 2011-04-27.
- Review, Tribune (2011-04-08). "New designer appears in rotation". pittsburghlive.com. Retrieved 2011-04-27.
- Skincare, Barc (2010-08-12). "Stephanie Pratt stylist Derek Warburton team up with Charlotte Russe". coverawards.com. Retrieved 2011-04-27.
- Biz Buzz, Lucky (2010-09-29). "New Zealand Fashion Week". fashiongarments.org. Retrieved 2011-04-27.
- [www.instafabulous.com Official site]