Derinda Township, Jo Daviess County, Illinois
Location in Jo Daviess County
Jo Daviess County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 2, 1852|
|• Total||37.02 sq mi (95.9 km2)|
|• Land||36.96 sq mi (95.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.06 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.16%|
|Elevation||702 ft (214 m)|
|• Density||8.7/sq mi (3.4/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61028, 61041, 61074, 61085|
|GNIS feature ID||0428890|
Derinda Township was named in the 1850s for Derinda Barr, the wife of an early settler.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 37.02 square miles (95.9 km2), of which 36.96 square miles (95.7 km2) (or 99.84%) is land and 0.06 square miles (0.16 km2) (or 0.16%) is water.
- Woodbine Township (north)
- Stockton Township (northeast)
- Pleasant Valley Township (east)
- Woodland Township, Carroll County (southeast)
- Washington Township, Carroll County (south)
- Hanover Township (west)
- Elizabeth Township (northwest)
The township contains these four cemeteries: Albright/Fehler, Massbach/St. John's Evangelical Lutheran, Trinity Lutheran/Derinda Center, and Morrison/Derinda Methodist.
- River Ridge Community Unit School District 210
- Stockton Community Unit School District 206
- West Carroll Community Unit School District 314
- Illinois' 16th congressional district
- State House District 89
- State Senate District 45
- "Derinda Township, Jo Daviess County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- Callary, Edward (29 September 2008). Place Names of Illinois. University of Illinois Press. p. 92. ISBN 978-0-252-09070-7.