|Look up derivative in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Derivative may refer to:
In mathematics and economics
- Derivative in calculus, a quantity indicating how a function changes when the values of its inputs change.
- Formal derivative, an operation on elements of a polynomial ring which mimics the form of the derivative from calculus
- Radon–Nikodym derivative in measure theory
- Derivative (set theory), a concept applicable to normal functions
- Derivative (graph theory), an alternative term for a line graph deva
- Derivative (finance), a contract whose value is derived from that of other quantities
- Derivative suit or derivative action, a type of lawsuit filed by shareholders of a corporation
In science and engineering
- Derivative (chemistry), a type of compound which is a product of the process of derivatization
- Derivative (linguistics), the process of forming a new word on the basis of an existing word, e.g. happiness and unhappy from happy
- Aeroderivative gas turbine, a mechanical drive gas turbine derived from an aero engine gas turbine
- Derivative work, in copyright law, a modification of an original work
- Derivative (film)
- Derivative Inc., a spin-off of Side Effects Software, creators of Houdini (software)
- Derive (disambiguation), for meanings of "derive" and "derived"
- Derivation (disambiguation)
- All pages with a title containing Derivative
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Derivative.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.