Des Plaines station
|Location||1501 Miner Street|
Des Plaines, Illinois 60016
|Owned by||City of Des Plaines|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
1 island platform
|Passengers (2014)||1,221 (avg. weekday)|
|Rank||34 out of 236|
Des Plaines is one of two commuter railroad stations on Metra's Union Pacific/Northwest line in Des Plaines, Illinois. The station is located at 1501 Miner Street (US 14), and lies 16.7 miles (26.9 km) from the Ogilvie Transportation Center in Chicago. In Metra's zone-based fare system, Des Plaines is in zone D.
Parking is mostly available along the streets on either side of the tracks. Primarily this includes Miner Street between southeast of Perry Street and west of Des Plaines River Road. Other parking areas exist along Ellinwood Street between Pearson Street and Des Plaines River Road east of the Des Plaines Public Library, a lot on Webford Avenue off of Graceland Avenue (Southbound US 12-45), and on Prairie Avenue east of Pearson Street.
One train running outbound from Chicago each weekday terminates at Des Plaines.
- 208 Golf Road
- 209 Busse Highway (weekdays only)
- 226 Oakton Street (weekdays only)
- 230 South Des Plaines (weekdays only)
- 234 Wheeling/Des Plaines (weekdays only)
- 250 Dempster Street
- 619 Des Plaines Station/Willow Rd. Corridor (weekday rush hours only)
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2016-03-26. Retrieved 2016-04-01.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "RAILROAD OPERATING INFORMATION". Retrieved 19 April 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-08-09. Retrieved 2015-06-29.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Metra - Des Plaines Station
- Chicago Railfan.net:
- Station from Pearson Street from Google Maps Street View
- Station from Lee Street from Google Maps Street View
|This Illinois train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|