|Screenplay by||Madambu Kunhukuttan|
|Story by||Sreekumar Arookutty|
|Cinematography||M. J. Radhakrishnan|
|Edited by||B. Lenin
V. T. Vijayan
Desadanam (Malayalam: ദേശാടനം, English: Journey to wisdom) is a Malayalam feature-length film released in the year 1996 by the critically acclaimed director Jayaraj. It won the National award for best Regional film in the year 1997.
The plot revolves around the personal turmoil faced by the parents of a child who is to be inducted into priesthood by a monastery. The pain of imminent separation from their only child has been beautifully portrayed by the characters played by Vijayaraghavan and Mini Nair.
The boy who led a carefree life until now has been identified as having a deep understanding of religious philosophy and scriptures at a very young age by the priests of a holy shrine. They request the family to induct the boy into priesthood to which the grandfather of the boy readily agrees to; for, he himself had aspirations of joining the shrine in the past. The parents, though not keen on parting with their child are compelled to give in on the basis of the word given by the elders of the family.
- Vijayaraghavan as Sankaran, Pachu's Father
- Master Kumar as Parameswaran
- Mini Nair as Pachu's mother
- Satyabhama Pisharasyara's Muttassi
- Unnikrishnan namboothiri as Sankaran's father
|1||"Kaliveedurangiyallo"||Dr. K. J. Yesudas||Mohanam|
|2||"Yathrayayi"||Dr. K. J. Yesudas, Chorus||Shyama|
|3||"Engane Njan"||Sujatha Mohan||Arabhi|
|4||"Naava Mukunda Hare"||Manju Menon, Deepankuran||Bihag|
|5||"Vettakkoru Makan"||Prakash Chandran, Chorus||Mukhari|
|7||"Neelakarmukil"||Manju Menon, Kunjanujathi Thamburatti||Arabhi|
|9||"Engane Njan"||Dr. K. J. Yesudas||Arabhi|
The film became commercial success.
- Best Director- Jayaraj
- Second Best Actress - Mini Nair
- Best Child Artist - Master Kumar
- Best Male Playback Singer - K. J. Yesudas
- Best Cinematography - M. J. Radhakrishnan
- Best Sound Recordist - T. Krishnanunni
- Best Dubbing Artist - Venmani Vishnu
- Desadanam (1997) - IMDb
- "All is not lost...". Rediff.com. 7 December 1998.
- "Official Website Of Information And Public Relation Department Of Kerala". KIPRD. Retrieved 3 August 2014.
|This article about a Malayalam film of the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|