Desanka Kovačević-Kojić (Serbian Cyrillic: Десанка Ковачевић-Којић) is a Serbian historian, a specialist in the medieval history of Serbia and Bosnia, and in particular urban history, trade and commercial relations. Born on October 3, 1925, in Sarajevo, then a part of the Kingdom of Serbs, Croats, and Slovenes, she escaped from Sarajevo in 1993 after the civil war started and settled in Belgrade, where she is today a member of the Serbian Academy of Science and Arts. Before the civil war in Bosnia, she was elected a member of ANUBiH.
Desanka Kovačević-Kojić studied history at the University of Belgrade Faculty of Philosophy, graduating in 1950. She was professor at the University of Sarajevo, and since 1993 has worked in the Institute for History in Belgrade. With Radovan Samardžić, during the 1960s she spent a year in Paris, specializing in history at the seminary of Fernand Braudel. She has published several monographs and more than a hundred studies and articles in the Serbian and French languages.
- “Trgovina u srednjovjekovnoj Bosni”, Naučno društvo Bosne i Hercegovine, Djela 18, Odjeljenje istorijsko-filoloških nauka 13, Sarajevo 1961.
- Gradska naselja srednjovjekovne bosanske države, Veselin Masleša, Sarajevo 1978;
- Trgovačke knjige braće Kabužić (Caboga) 1426-1433, Spomenik SANU 137, Odeljenje istorijskih nauka 11, Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts, Beograd 1999.
- Srednjovjekovna Srebrenica XIV-XV vijek, Srpska akademija nauka i umetnosti, Beograd 2010. ISBN 978-86-7025-529-6
- Gradski život u Srbiji i Bosni (XIV-XV vijek), Istorijski institut, Studia Historica Collecta, Knjiga 2, Beograd 2007. 978-86-7743-059-7
- La Serbie et les pays serbes : l'économie urbaine, XIVe-XVe siècles; Institut des Etudes balkaniques, ASSA. Belgrade 2012 ISBN 978-86-17-18055-1
References and further reading
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Desanka Kovačević-Kojić.|
- Kovačević-Kojić Desanka", Godišnjak SANU vol. 102, Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts, Belgrade 1996, pp. 527-534;
- Kovačević-Kojić Desanka”, Enciklopedija srpske istoriografije (Ed. by Sima Ćirković & Rade Mihaljčić), Knowledge, Beograd 1997, p. 441;
- Lidija Jelić, "Desanka Kovačević-Kojić", Godišnjak SANU, vol. 109 (2002), Beograd 2003, pp. 393-396.