Currently the Johor state government is developing an integrated tourism area which spreads over an area of 1,578 hectares.
The area consist ofvarious Malaysian boarding schools including Sekolah Menengah Sains Kota Tinggi, Sekolah Sukan Bandar Penawar and Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Agama Bandar Penawar.
- SKS City Mall opened at 2017.
- "State govt's moves set to give Johor economy a boost". The Sun Daily. 23 November 2017. Retrieved 5 March 2018.
- Tourism Malaysia - Desaru
- Tourism Malaysia - Desaru Beach
- Greater Desaru Tourism Association
- Desaru Network
- Desaru Coast Malaysia
- Desaru travel guide from Wikivoyage
|This Johor location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|