Desensitized (Drowning Pool album)
|Studio album by Drowning Pool|
|Released||April 20, 2004|
|Recorded||December 2003–March 2004|
|Drowning Pool chronology|
|Singles from Desensitized|
Desensitized is the second studio album by American rock band Drowning Pool. It was their first album since the death of vocalist Dave Williams as well as the only album to feature replacement vocalist Jason Jones. The album debuted at number 17 on the Billboard 200 chart.
Jones left the band soon after the album's release because of personal and musical differences. "Step Up", "Think" and "Hate" are songs from Desensitized that are played during live performances today. "Step Up" was featured in the 2004 film The Punisher and was also featured in the compilation album MTV2 Headbangers Ball, Vol. 2.
Writing and recording
Writing for the album began in 2003. Recording began towards the end of the year and was finished in March 2004.
Jason Jones said most of his songs are about the struggle when he was living as a homeless "People were like, 'Look at this f---ing homeless guy,'" "It's a struggle, man, and a lot of my songs are about the struggle."
Jason Jones on Cast Me Aside "You get a rash of calls from people you haven't heard from in 10-12 years who are suddenly wanting to kick it again. I was like "Where the f--- were you?" You know... that whole shit of everyone loves you when you're on top kinda thing."
|6.||"Bringing Me Down"||3:08|
|7.||"Love and War"||3:39|
|9.||"Cast Me Aside"||4:13|
|2004||US Billboard 200||17|
|UK Album Charts||66|
|Top Internet Albums||17|
Singles chart positions
|2004||"Step Up"||US Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks||7|
|UK Singles Chart||79|
|"Love and War"||US Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks||21|
- Produced and Recorded by Johnny K
- Mixed by Randy Staub
- Additional Engineering by Tadpole and James Murray
- Assistant Engineer at Groovemaster Recording: James Winans
- Assistant Engineers at Ocean Studios: Jason Cupp and Alex Pavlides
- Assistant Engineer at Armoury Studios: Misha Rajaratnam
- Guitar Tech: Tony McQuaid
- Recorded at Groovemaster Recording, Chicago, IL, and Ocean Studios, Burbank, CA
- Mixed at Armoury Studios, Vancouver, B.C., Canada
- Mastered by Tom Baker at Precision Mastering, Hollywood, CA
- Demos / Pre-Production by Ben Schigel at Last Beat Studios, Dallas, TX
- A&R: Diana Meltzer
- A&R / Wind-up Production Supervisor: Gregg Wattenberg
- A&R Administration: Chipper
- Band Photos: Clay Patrick McBride
- Cover Star: Jesse Jane
- Jesse Jane Photos by JOONE, courtesy of JOONE.Tv
- Art Direction: Ed Sherman
- Management: Paul Bassman for Bassmanagement
- Legal: Nicholas C. Ferrara for Serling, Rooks & Ferrara, LLP
- Booking Agent: Scott Sokol at Pinnacle Entertainment
- "Desensitized - Drowning Pool". Allmusic.
- "Drowning Pool Biography and Profile". About.com.
- Richardson, Sean (2004-04-23). "Desensitized Review". Entertainment Weekly: 82. Retrieved 2012-06-24.