Desensitized is the second studio album by American heavy metal band Drowning Pool. It was their first album since the death of vocalist Dave Williams as well as the only album to feature replacement vocalist Jason 'Gong' Jones. The album debuted at No. 17 on the Billboard 200 chart.
The album cover features porn star Jesse Jane. The album shows less nu metal elements than the band's previous album Sinner.
Jason left the band soon after the album's release because of personal and musical differences. "Step Up" is the only song from the album that is still played during live performances.
Writing and recording
Writing for the album began in 2003. Recording began towards the end of the year and was finished in March 2004.
All songs written and composed by S. Benton, J. Jones, M. Luce, and C. J. Pierce.
||"Bringing Me Down"
||"Love and War"
||"Cast Me Aside"
- Drowning Pool
- Produced and Recorded by Johnny K
- Mixed by Randy Staub
- Additional Engineering by Tadpole and James Murray
- Assistant Engineer at Groovemaster Recording: James Winans
- Assistant Engineers at Ocean Studios: Jason Cupp and Alex Pavlides
- Assistant Engineer at Armoury Studios: Misha Rajaratnam
- Guitar Tech: Tony McQuaid
- Recorded at Groovemaster Recording, Chicago, IL, and Ocean Studios, Burbank, CA
- Mixed at Armoury Studios, Vancouver, B.C., Canada
- Mastered by Tom Baker at Precision Mastering, Hollywood, CA
- Demos / Pre-Production by Ben Schigel at Last Beat Studios, Dallas, TX
- A&R: Diana Meltzer
- A&R / Wind-up Production Supervisor: Gregg Wattenberg
- A&R Administration: Chipper
- Band Photos: Clay Patrick McBride
- Cover Star: Jesse Jane
- Jesse Jane Photos by JOONE, courtesy of JOONE.Tv
- Art Direction: Ed Sherman
- Management: Paul Bassman for Bassmanagement
- Legal: Nicholas C. Ferrara for Serling, Rooks & Ferrara, LLP
- Booking Agent: Scott Sokol at Pinnacle Entertainment