|Release date(s)||February 6, 2004 (version 0.7)|
|Mode(s)||Single player, Multiplayer|
Desert Combat (DC) is a mod for the first-person shooter (FPS) computer game Battlefield 1942, created by Trauma Studios. DC features many new weapons and new Conquest and Capture the flag Maps. DC is set in Iraq during the first Gulf War. It acquired popularity since the 2003 invasion of Iraq by Coalition forces and has been featured on many media websites. Desert Combat was utilized as a baseline platform for Battlefield 2 gameplay research and development when Trauma Studios was contracted by Swedish Studio DICE. Desert Combat was also utilized for the development of a US Coast Guard training application called "Coast Guard: Shield of Freedom" that was showcased live at the 2005 Serious Games Summit.
Shortly before the release of Battlefield 2, DICE announced that the company has "decided to discontinue the New York office, Trauma Studios." DICE will no longer pay $200,000 in outstanding funds from the original deal.
- FilePlanet's Best New Mod of 2004 for Desert Combat Final
- FilePlanet's Best Mod of 2003
- GameSpy's 2003 PC Modification of the Year
- FilePlanet's Best New Mod for 2002
- "Desert Combat official website". Retrieved 2014-02-25.
- Morris, Chris (2003-03-25). "War games see spike". CNN. Retrieved 2007-02-02.
- Ly, Phuong (2003-04-07). "In Wartime, Teens Go Back to Their Quarters". Washington Post. Retrieved 2007-02-02.
- GameSpot on Trauma closure
- Q&A: THQ breeds Kaos Studios
- "File Planet weekly 30 December 2003". Retrieved 2007-02-02.
- "Game Spy's Game of the year 2003". Retrieved 2007-02-02.
- "FilePlanet's Poll for Best New Mod of 2002". Retrieved 2007-02-02.