Desert Pines High School
|Desert Pines High School|
3800 Harris Avenue
|School type||Public School & Magnet School For Communications & Information Technology & Culinary Arts|
|Motto||Making An Impact|
|School district||Clark County School District|
|Student to teacher ratio||24.92|
|School colour(s)||Blue, black, and silver|
|Athletics conference||Sunrise 1A Region|
Desert Pines High School is a public high school in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States, and is a part of the Clark County School District. The school which opened in 1999, also houses the Academy of Information Technology and the Academy of Communications.
Academy of Information Technology
The Academy of Information Technology at Desert Pines is a magnet program[clarification needed] that educates students on the products, service, and implementation of information technology. Students enrolled in the academy learn about hardware (CyberCore, tech support, and computer forensics), software (programming, web development, and ORACLE), as well as networks (Cisco, Novell, etc.). After graduating from the program, students receive industry recognized certifications in A+, Cisco, Java, and ORACLE.
Academy of Communications
The Academy of Communications at Desert Pines is one of the top media education schools in the Clark County School District. The academy houses state of the art television and radio stations, as well as offering student internships, job shadowing, and summer enrichment programs. Desert Pines has one of the only school-sponsored radio stations in Clark County. DP-TV[dead link]
The athletic programs at Desert Pines are known as the Jaguars and participate in the Northeast Division in the Sunrise 4A Region. The Jaguars football team have made the playoffs and as always show strong players, but did not have much success until the 2016 season. On Saturday, November 19, 2016, the Desert Pines varsity football team beat Spring Creek High School in the 3A high school football state championship game with a score of 39-6.
- Desert Pines High School
- Desert Pines – Academy of Information Technology Archived May 27, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- "Clark County School District ROTC". Ccsd.net. Archived from the original on October 27, 2013. Retrieved October 25, 2013.
- "About Desert Pines High School Jaguars Football". Hometeamsonline.com. October 18, 2013. Retrieved October 25, 2013.[dead link]
- "State champs: Desert Pines beats Spring Creek for title three years in the making". lasvegassun.com. Archived from the original on January 7, 2017. Retrieved January 6, 2017.
- Ford, Bob (July 8, 2015). "Desert Pines grad Pierre Jackson back with Sixers after long, strange trip". Las Vegas Sun. Archived from the original on September 21, 2016. Retrieved September 4, 2016.
- Keefer, Case (March 10, 2016). "Desert Pines grad Julian Jacobs leads USC's basketball turnaround". Las Vegas Sun. Archived from the original on August 22, 2016. Retrieved September 4, 2016.