Desert Sky Mall
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Location||Phoenix, Arizona, Arizona, USA|
|Address||7611 W Thomas Rd.|
Desert Sky Mall is a large regional shopping mall in west Phoenix, Arizona. It is located on 75th Avenue and Thomas Road. The mall was developed and is managed by Macerich. It is anchored by Sears, Dillard's, Curacao, Burlington Coat Factory and Cinema Latino. Desert Sky Mall (originally Westridge Mall) opened in the fall of 1981. In the years since the center's opening, the demographics of the bordering neighborhood have reflected the dramatic expansion of the Latino immigrant population in the Phoenix area.
Originally owned by Westcor, in 2002 Desert Sky Mall became part of The Macerich Company’s portfolio.
The original anchor tenants were:
- Sears, opened 1981(still in operation)
- JCPenney, opened 1981 closed 2000 became Curacao in 2007
- Diamond's opened 1981 now Dillard's (1984)
- Montgomery Ward opened 1993 as an extension to the mall, closed in 2001, became Burlington Coat Factory 2001.
- Mervyn's, opened 1993 as an extension to the mall, closed on December 24, 2008
- Curacao (166,757 sq ft.)
- Dillard's (124,200 sq ft.)
- Sears (144,275 sq ft.)
- Burlington Coat Factory (91,948 sq ft.)
- Cinema Latino (20,341 sq ft.)
- Desert Sky Mall Official website
|This article about a United States shopping mall is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|