|Full name||Deshorn Dwayne Brown|
|Date of birth||22 December 1990|
|Place of birth||Manchester, Jamaica|
|Height||1.87 m (6 ft 1 1⁄2 in)|
|Tampa Bay Rowdies|
|2011||Des Moines Menace||10||(9)|
|2017–||Tampa Bay Rowdies||4||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 21 April 2017.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 21 June 2015
Early and collegiate
A native of Jamaica, Brown attended St. Elizabeth Technical High School. He then moved to the United States to attend the University of Mobile in Alabama. After his sophomore year, he transferred to the University of Central Florida. In 2013, he elected to forgo his senior year to enter the MLS SuperDraft.
Brown was selected by the Colorado Rapids with the sixth overall pick (first round) of the 2013 MLS SuperDraft on 17 January 2013. He scored his first professional goal on 16 March 2013 in a game against the Real Salt Lake. The goal came in the 37th minute and the game resulted in a 1-1 tie. During the 2013 season, Brown achieved many accomplishments. He earned the 2013 Rapids Golden Boot award leading the team with 10 goals and also lead all MLS rookies in scoring as well, just one shy of the MLS rookie scoring record. Brown finished second behind teammate Dillon Powers for MLS Rookie of the Year. He also scored the third-fastest goal in MLS history after just 15 seconds in the 5-1 win against Seattle on 5 October.
Deshorn received his first call-up to Jamaica senior national on 7 October 2013 after scoring what was at the time the second fastest goal in MLS history. Brown scored his first international senior goal vs. Barbados on 2 March 2014.
Stats accurate as of 22 October 2016
Score and result list Jamaica's goal tally first.
|1.||2 March 2014||Barbados National Stadium, Saint Michael, Barbados||Barbados||2–0||2–0||Friendly|||
|2.||5 March 2014||Beausejour Cricket Ground, Gros Islet, St. Lucia||Saint Lucia||5–0||5–0||Friendly|||
- "Reggae Boyz squad for Copa America". Jamaica Football Federation. 3 June 2015. Retrieved 15 December 2016.
- "Real Salt Lake vs Colorado Rapids 03-16-2013 - Stats". MLSsoccer.com. 16 March 2013. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- "Colorado Rapids transfer Deshorn Brown to Vålerenga". 17 March 2015.
- "Vålerenga Fotball vs FK Haugesund 04-17-2015 - Stats". ipad.dagbladet.no. 17 March 2015. Retrieved 17 March 2015.
- "Rapids rookie Deshorn Brown earns first call up to senior Jamaican National Team". Colorado Rapids. 6 October 2013. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- "Reggae Boyz defeat Barbados 2-0". rjrnewsonline.com. Retrieved 4 March 2014.
- MLS player profile
- UCF Knights bio
- Deshorn Brown at National-Football-Teams.com
- Deshorn Brown at Soccerway
|This biographical article relating to Jamaican soccer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|