This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Graphic design, Crowdsourcing|
|Founded||Sydney, Australia (2008 )|
Number of locations
|Australia, Philippines, United States|
DesignCrowd was launched January 2008. According to the Australian Financial Review, "Lynch is recognised as a founder of the design crowdsourcing concept". DesignCrowd was started in Sydney, Australia.
The company has received significant funding from Starfish Ventures. On 20 December 2011, DesignCrowd acquired Brandstack, a stock logo template marketplace where users are able to buy and sell logo templates and domains. Following the acquisition, Brandstack's name was changed to "BrandCrowd." In 2014, DesignCrowd announced that it had acquired community design contest website Worth1000 for an undisclosed amount.
Awards and achievements
- Alec Lynch named Ernst & Young's Entrepreneur of the Year Award winner, 2014 (Eastern Region - Category: Emerging)
- DesignCrowd ranked #22 in Deloitte's TechFast50 2014 rankings
- "About DesignCrowd". DesignCrowd. Retrieved 21 July 2014.
- Hall, Phil (30 September 2013). "Alec Lynch, co-founder and CEO of DesignCrowd, Sydney, Australia". Business Superstar. Retrieved 21 July 2014.
- Bailey, Michael (7 March 2016). "DesignCrowd dominance highlights our marketplace hub". Australian Financial Review. Retrieved 21 July 2014.
- Moses, Asher (3 November 2011). "Aussie tech gold rush: 'nothing off limits'". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 21 July 2014.
- Greg Kumparak, "Brandstack Pulled From The Deadpool, Acquired By DesignCrowd", "Techcrunch"
- Michelle Hammond. "DesignCrowd Acquires Brandstack, Launched BrandCrowd" "StartUp Smart"
- Kennedy, Stuart (17 June 2014). "DesignCrowd reckons deal worth wait". The Australian. Retrieved 21 July 2014.
- "Top entrepreneurs honoured at Sydney awards night". Ernst & Young. 8 August 2014. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- "Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Winners' report". Deloitte. Retrieved 11 February 2015.