Continuum (design consultancy)
|Headquarters||Boston, Massachusetts, USA|
|Gianfranco Zaccai, Co-Founder, President & Chief Design Officer
Carmencita Bua, COO
Giovanni DiVaio, Chief Talent Officer
Greg Crook, CFO
Number of employees
Continuum is an innovation design consultancy based in Boston, Massachusetts, with other offices in Milan, Shanghai, and Seoul. The company draws upon deep expertise, human understanding, and global awareness to develop products, services, and experiences that improve people’s lives around the world.
The company was founded in Boston as Design Continuum in 1983. Their goal was simple: to design products for businesses. Since then, the mission has grown to include strategy and brand services along with experience and product design.
The firm now employs approximately 200 people across its four offices. The company has worked with clients in industries including: Health and Medical, Financial Services, Consumer Products, Education, Retail and Hospitality, and Social Innovation. Project work includes the Swiffer for Procter & Gamble, the Reebok Pump, and the initial design direction for the MIT Media Lab's $100 laptop.
The company has won over 200 design awards and filed more than 330 design and utility patents. Practitioners at the company have been featured in the book A Whole New Mind by Daniel H. Pink. During the summer of 2007, the company hosted the finale of the PBS series, “Design Squad,” a show that encourages kids to explore design and engineering as a career path.
- Continuum Website
- Continuum Private Company info
- Hamm, Steve; Walters, Helen (2008-01-16). "Masters of Collaboration". Business Week. Archived from the original on 2010-06-09. Retrieved 2008-02-16.
- Nussbaum, Bruce (2004-05-17). "The Power of Design". Business Week. Retrieved 2008-02-16.[dead link]
- Reebok Pump
- "One Laptop per Chid Progress". OLPC. Archived from the original on 2008-02-06. Retrieved 2008-02-07.
- Pink, Dan (2005). A Whole New Mind. New York: Riverhead Books. p. 97.
- http://pbskids.org/designsquad/challenges/s1-ep13.html (TV). Boston: PBS. External link in