designclue was a global, online, crowdsourcing platform, founded by PurpleCow Inc. established in 2012 and closed in 2017. In the website, companies / organizations / individuals created custom "Contest" to find independent freelance creators and purchase their creatives.
Independent contractors (mostly designers) created online profiles and portfolios, submit proposals to each contests, and collaborate and receive payment through the designclue website.
2011 / Dec - Won the 1st prize in Japanese incubation contest "Startup Challenge 5th" and funded US$30,000.
2012 / Jun - PurpleCow Inc. has been Established in Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan. 2012 / Sep - Launched closed beta version of "designclue", the crowdsourcing service specializing in Designers. 2012 / Nov - Moved the office to Yanagibuild (Roppongi). 2013 / Feb - Funded 147,000 US$ by Incubate Fund and East Ventures. 
2013 / Mar - Aligned with STORES.jp, an easy online EC store platform, and started producing online shop logo for free. 
2013 / Apr - Aligned with Frekul, a free music distribution SNS, and started artist-friendly designs productions. 
2013 / Jun - Moved the office to Roppongi build.
2017 / Company closed.
In 2013, designclue was used by users from 65 countries including Japanese.
Awards and recognition
designclue was awarded in one of the biggest Japanese Tech conference "IVS 2012".
- "Japan's Designclue wants to build Asia's largest logo crowdsourcing market". February 21, 2013.
- "第5回起業チャレンジ、最優秀賞は新しいワークスタイルの創造「PurpleCow」". Archived from the original on 2013-05-01. Retrieved 2013-06-26. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "クラウドソーシングサービス"designclue"を運営するPurpleCow株式会社がIncubate FundとEast Venturesを引受先とする第三者割当増資を実施、総額1470万円を調達". Archived from the original on 2013-07-10. Retrieved 2013-06-26. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "STORES.jpが無料ロゴ制作 ― クラウドソーシング designclue と提携". Archived from the original on 2013-05-22. Retrieved 2013-06-26. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "designclue "Work with the World"".
- From The Infinity Ventures Summit In Kyoto/Japan: 12 Demos From Japanese Startups, 16 December 2012