Designer stubble is a short growth of a man's facial hair that became popular in the 1980s. This style was worn and reinvented by singer George Michael, actor Don Johnson and, in the 2010s, singers Craig David and Jason Derulo and was adopted by many others. Several companies manufacture beard trimmers designed to maintain the designer stubble look,. being created by short trimming of the beard to (typically) 1 to 3mm designer stubble is distinct from five o'clock shadow which is the much lighter, stiffer growth which is the first sign of the return of the beard after shaving.
- "Designer stubble". Retrieved 14 July 2011.
- Bombeck, Erma (10 August 1986). "Don Johnson stubble creates hairy situation". The Pittsburgh Press. pp. G7. Retrieved 3 May 2013.
- "Best Beards in Music". ShortList. Retrieved 14 February 2018.
- Quenca, Douglas (29 September 2011). "Stubble Trimmers - Trial Run". The New York Times. p. E-3. Retrieved 5 May 2013.
- "Five o'clock shadow". Retrieved 14 July 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Stubble.|
|Look up stubble in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|