|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (February 2016)|
Desiree Ortíz at the Studio of Kike San Martín
|Born||Desiree Ortíz Perez
December 28, 1985
|Education||Universidad Santa María (Caracas)|
|Occupation||Actress, Journalist & tv Host|
|Years active||1996 - present|
|Known for||Latina VJ Venevisión, Televen, RCN, TV Azteca, Univisión and Fox Sports|
|Weight||54 kg (119 lb; 8.5 st)|
|Relatives||Denisse Ortiz Perez (Miss Canaima 2006)|
|Awards||Premios Fox Sports en español (journalism awards)|
Desiree Ortíz (born December 28, 1985 in Caracas, Venezuela) is a television host Journalist and model . Her career began with Venevision in shows like "Ruge Mania", "Atómico", "A Toda Acción" and "Nubeluz" on the Televen Network.
Additionally, she has appeared on various advertising campaigns and TV commercials in her country.
Desiree was born in Caracas where she attended school and learned to ride.
At the age of 17, she began her studies in social communication in the Universidad Santa María (Caracas), a private university in Venezuela. This university has the largest school of social communication in the country. And at 21 she left to pursue work opportunities abroad.
She lived and worked in Spain, Mexico, Costa Rica, Colombia, Argentina and the United States. After commuting between Los Angeles and Miami, she settled down in the United States. In 2006, she acted as host for DirecTV Latin America's coverage of the 2006 FIFA World Cup, leading to her image being broadcast across the region.
She has also acted as hostess for Fashion TV in Bogotá, Colombia, covered the Mar del Plata music festivals in Argentina for On DirecTV, Mexico's TV Azteca's Sports, Univision's Control, France-Cannes Festival and The Fox Sports Awards.
Desiree has been featured in advertising campaigns for Miu Miu, 7 Up, Telefónica Movistar, Ferrero Rocher, EFE Ice Cream, Fiz, Mulco, Colgate (toothpaste), Armandeus hair stylists among others. Desiree currently is the host of Latin Angel Special, a television show dedicated to the beauty of women, gastronomy and tourism.
She has received several journalism awards, such as the Premios Fox Sports en español "The most competent younger Journalist" Award in 2008. She has also been named "Model of the year" in 2006 by The Film recording and Entertainment Council.
- "Al Día" Newspaper (San José, Costa Rica) (Dec 7, 2007). "Desireé Ortiz viene con todo a la cadena televisiva E! Enterteinment Televisión". "Al Día" Newspaper (San José, Costa Rica). Retrieved Sep 17, 2011.
- Diario "El Universal" Newspaper (Mexico) (Feb 28, 2009). "Belleza multifacética: Desirée Ortiz. Modelo profesional, periodista y conductora de TV; sin duda, todo un talento latino". Diario "El Universal" Newspaper (Mexico). Retrieved Sep 17, 2011.
- "Nación" Newspaper (San José, Costa Rica) (Nov 19, 2007). "TELEVISIÓN: Un nuevo rostro Desireé Ortiz es la nueva contratación de Repretel". "Nación" Newspaper (San José, Costa Rica). Retrieved Sep 17, 2011.
- "Diario Olé" (Buenos Aires, Argentina) (Jun 6, 2006). "La Diosa del Día: Desiree Ortíz. Una hermana latinoamericana". "Diario Olé" (Buenos Aires, Argentina). Retrieved Sep 17, 2011.
- DirecTV (Spanish website) (Jun 3, 2006). "Desireé Ortiz la figura ancla del Canal 680 "Mundial Total" de DirecTV". DirecTV. Retrieved Sep 17, 2011.
- DirectTV and "Rumba Caracas" (Venezuela) (May 3, 2006). "DirectTV se lanza al Mundial". DirecTV. Retrieved Sep 19, 2011.
- "Nación" Newspaper (San José, Costa Rica) (Dec 11, 2007). "Aires frescos en TV: Una venezolana y dos colombianas en Repretel". "Nación" Newspaper (San José, Costa Rica). Retrieved Sep 17, 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Desiree Ortíz.|