|Produced by||Dharam Chand Lunked|
|Edited by||K. Thangichalam|
|Distributed by||Tara's Creations|
|19 October 1998|
Desiya Geetham (English: National Anthem) is a Tamil film directed by Cheran. The film co-produced by R. Chandru, Abuthahir, Sathish Kumar, G. V. Suresh Kumar. The film created controversy during release and received positive reviews. The film was one among 1998 Deepavali releases.
The film is about a Chief minister and his family being kidnapped and taken to a remote village making them undergo the hardships of village life to learn about it. Murali played the role of a villager who was looking for revolutionary means to correct the political system in Tamil Nadu. The basic line of the story was that the leaders should understand and know the difficulties faced by his subjects.
- Manivannan as Indian
- Ranjith as Ganga
- Rajeswari (Padmashri) as Kaveri
- Sathya Priya
- Scissor Manohar as Ratnam
- Crane Manohar
- Master Hari
- Nirmala Periyasamy
- P. Shwetha as cameo appearance in song "En Kanavinai"
- Ladies Special - Sujatha
- En Kanavinai - Hariharan
- Desiyageetham - KJ Yesudas
- Naan Vaakkapattu - Sujatha
- Mannana Poranthavuga - Pushpavanam Kuppusamy
- Appan Veettu - Pushpavanam Kuppusamy
- Nanba Nanba - Ilayaraja
- Anal Gandhi - Ilayaraja
- The film was a failure grossing $200,000 at the box office.
- Cheran missed a hat-trick with this film.
|This article about a Tamil-language film of the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|