|Administrative region||West Macedonia|
|• Mayor||Nikolaos Migos (Ind.)|
|• Municipality||431.638 km2 (166.656 sq mi)|
|• Municipal unit||268.946 km2 (103.841 sq mi)|
|Highest elevation||930 m (3,050 ft)|
|Lowest elevation||840 m (2,760 ft)|
|• Municipality density||14/km2 (35/sq mi)|
|• Municipal unit||4,294|
|• Municipal unit density||16/km2 (41/sq mi)|
|• Area (km2)||126.387|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Postal code||512 00|
Deskati (Greek: Δεσκάτη) is a mountainous municipality in the Grevena regional unit. The current municipality of Deskati was formed in 2011 by the merge of the former municipality of Deskati and the municipality of Chasia. The main economic activities in Deskati are farming and animal husbandry.
The municipality Deskati was formed at the 2011 local government reform by the merger of the following 2 former municipalities, that became municipal units (constituent communities in brackets):
Deskati is located in the southern slopes of Kamvounia mountain. It is surrounded by mountains covered with firs, pines and oaks. The highest summit near Deskati is Vounasia (alt. 1,615 m). The community of Deskati covers an area of 126.387 km2, the municipal unit 268.946 km2 and the municipality 431.638 km2.
The main occupations in Deskati are agriculture, mainly wheat and tobacco, and animal husbandry. Deskati has 61,790 stremmas of arable land, 24.363 sheep and goats and around 1,000 cattle. There are also small industries occupied in ironwork, marble processing, woodworking and building materials.
Deskati is famous for its Andromana, an event that happens at the end of spring, where men stand on each other's shoulders to create a large structure with their bodies. This event is similar to the Castells in Catalonia, Spain.
- "Απογραφή Πληθυσμού - Κατοικιών 2011. ΜΟΝΙΜΟΣ Πληθυσμός" (in Greek). Hellenic Statistical Authority.
- Kallikratis law Greece Ministry of Interior (Greek)
- Φυσική Γεωγραφία (in Greek). Municipality of Deskati. Retrieved 18 April 2014.
- Πίνακας 3. Πραγματικός πληθυσμός, επιφάνεια και πυκνότητα του πληθυσμού, με διάκριση σε αστικές και αγροτικές περιοχές καθώς και σε πεδινές, ημιορεινές και ορεινές περιοχές. Μέσος σταθμικός των υψομέτρων. (PDF) (in Greek). Ελληνική Στατιστική Αρχή (Hellenic Statistical Authority). Retrieved 11 December 2013.
- Οικονομία (in Greek). Municipality of Deskati. Retrieved 18 April 2014.