Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up desktop in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A Desktop traditionally refers to:
- The surface of a desk (often to distinguish office appliances, such as photocopiers and printers, which fit on a desk, from larger equipment covering its own area on the floor)
Desktop may refer to:
- Desktop computer, a personal computer designed to fit on a desk
- Desktop metaphor, especially the area behind the windows in a graphical user interface using this metaphor
- Desktop environment, software that provides a comprehensive computer user interface
- Client (computing), sometimes referred to as desktop to distinguish from the Server
- Desktop (word processor), a word processor for Sinclair ZX Spectrum and compatible computers
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Desktop.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.