Desolation Canyon (film)
|Written by||Dan Fitzsimons|
|Directed by||David S. Cass Sr.|
|Music by||Joe Kraemer|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Executive producer(s)||Robert Halmi Jr.
|Producer(s)||Brian J. Gordon
|Editor(s)||Jennifer Jean Cacavas|
|Running time||80 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Hallmark Entertainment|
|Original network||Hallmark Channel|
Desolation Canyon is a 2006 American made-for-television western film starring Stacy Keach and Patrick Duffy. The film was written by Dan Fitzsimons, directed by David S. Cass Sr. and premiered on Hallmark Channel on July 1, 2006.
After a bank robbery, the responsible gang stops by the home of one of their band's estranged wife to abduct his own young son. The town's old sheriff (Patrick Duffy) calls for the help of a retired gunfighter (Stacy Keach), who is also the abducted boy's grandfather. Hot on the trail of the fugitives, they discover that two bounty hunters are already in pursuit of the gang for crimes committed in Mexico.
- Stacy Keach as Samuel Kendrick
- Patrick Duffy as Sheriff Tomas 'Swede' Lundstrom
- Kenny Johnson as Press Reynolds
- Yvonne DeLaRosa as Alejandra Kendrick
- Kelly Overton as Olivia
- David Rees Snell as Edwin
- Courtney Gains as Jack
Entertainment Weekly's critic gave the film a C+ rating. However, the film achieved some success; it achieved 2.4 HH (household) ratings, and it was the highest-rated ad-supported cable movie of the day, with nearly 1.8 million homes.
- Bierly, Mandi. Entertainment Weekly (USA), Vol. 884, 30 June 2006, Pg. 156, (MG)
- Desolation Canyon on IMDb
- Desolation Canyon at Hallmark Channel
- Desolation Canyon at AllMovie
- Desolation Canyon at HallmarkChannel.tv
|This article related to an American TV movie is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 2000s Western film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|