(aka: Desperadas: All They Need Is Love)
|Directed by||Joel Lamangan|
|Screenplay by||Roy Iglesias|
|Story by||Roy Iglesias|
|Music by||Jesse Lucas|
|Edited by||Marya Ignacio|
|Distributed by||Regal Entertainment|
Desperadas is a 2007 Filipino romantic comedy film written by Roy Iglesias, directed by Joel Lamangan, and starring Marian Rivera, Ruffa Gutierrez, Ruffa Mae Quinto and Iza Calzado. The film was followed by the sequel Desperadas 2 in 2008.
Four siblings from different men are living on a compound. They have different stories and problems to face. The eldest daughter (Iza Calzado) lives a normal and happy life with her husband and kids. The second daughter (Ruffa Gutierrez) is a spendthrift woman, but still caring for her kids. The third daughter (Ruffa Mae Quinto) is a professional sexual and clinical psychologist obsessed with her work that she ignores her husband. The youngest (Marian Rivera) is a childish and wild woman, engaged in her boyfriend who came from religious family.
- Ruffa Gutierrez as Isabella
- Rufa Mae Quinto as Patricia
- Iza Calzado as Stephanie
- Marian Rivera as Courtney
- Wendell Ramos as Dave
- Jay-R as Vito
- TJ Trinidad as Richard
- Luis Alandy as Mandy
- Ryan Eigenmann as James
- Will Devaughn as Patrick
- Nova Villa as Margot
- Gina Alajar as Patrick's Mother
- Tirso Cruz III as Patrick's Father
- Charlie Davao as Courtney's Father
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (January 2016)|
Awards and nominations
- 2007, won Festival Prize for 'Best Make-Up Artist' at Metro Manila Film Festival
- 2007, won 'Gender Sensitive Award' at Metro Manila Film Festival
- Calderon, Ricky L. (28 December 2007). "Marian Rivera is Today's Hottest Star". Philippine Star. Retrieved 23 January 2016.
- Dy, Philbert Ortiz (2 January 2008). "Movie Review for 'Desperadas', No Sympathy". Click The City. Retrieved 23 January 2016.
- Lo, Ricky (7 December 2008). "Ogie: I enjoy being a girl". Philippine Star. Retrieved 23 January 2016.