|Irish name||Deasún Ó Dúláin|
|Position||Left Corner Forward|
11 July 1979 |
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|**Inter County team apps and scores correct as of 18 November 2014.|
Dessie Dolan (born 11 July 1979) is an Irish sportsperson. He has played Gaelic football for Westmeath and Garrycastle, as well as international rules football for Ireland. He won a Leinster Senior Football Championship medal with Westmeath in 2004 and was given an All Star at the end of the year.
Dolan is widely regarded as Westmeath's leading talisman throughout their ascension from GAA minnows to quality opposition. Despite the growth and promise demonstrated in their 1999 U21 All Ireland victory. Westmeath have experienced their most successful GAA period of their history in the last seven years (2001–2008).
Largely due to virtually unmatchable talent in attack, Westmeath forced their way into GAA pundits' heads as upsetters and sometimes favourites. Two Division 2 league titles spearheaded by Dolan's attacking prowess and eventually, in 2004, Championship success in winning a Leinster Senior Football Championship title finally showed the squad's promise.
Westmeath reached three All-Ireland Senior Football Championship quarter-finals since the revamped championship system of 2001, with Dolan starring each season (2001, 2004, 2006).
In 2013, he expressed concern about the gulf in class that had opened up between the Dublins and Westmeaths.
At club level Dolan has won numerous underage titles and back-to-back senior titles in 2005 and 2006 with club, Garrycastle.
Dolan was regularly selected for the Ireland international rules football team until the series was suspended in 2006.
- Leinster Senior Club Football Championship (1): 2011
- Westmeath Senior Football Championship (7): 2001, 2002, 2004, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014
- Westmeath Division 1 Leagues (5): 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2009
- Leinster Senior Football Championship (1): 2004
- National Football League, Division 2 (3): 2001, 2003, 2008
- All-Ireland Under-21 Football Championship (1): 1999
- Leinster Under-21 Football Championship (2): 1999, 2000
- All Star (1): 2004
- Boyle, Donnchadh (28 May 2013). "Dolan: Financial clout of big guns creating divide". Irish Independent. Independent News & Media. Retrieved 28 May 2013.
- "Dessie Dolan Calls Time On Intercounty Career". Irish Independent. 29 June 2014. Retrieved 1 July 2014.
- "Dolan Calls Time On County Career". RTÉ Sport. 29 June 2014. Retrieved 1 July 2014.
- "Donegal GAA stars join forces as Ambassadors for Ireland West Airport Knock". Donegal Democrat. Johnston Press. 13 May 2013. Retrieved 13 May 2013.