Destroy Build Destroy
|Destroy Build Destroy|
|Created by||Dan Taberski|
|Presented by||Andrew W.K.|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||4|
|No. of episodes||37 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Dan Taberski|
Idiot Box Productions
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Original network||Cartoon Network|
|Original release||June 20, 2009 –|
September 21, 2011
Destroy Build Destroy is an American live action reality series on Cartoon Network hosted by Andrew W.K.. It was an unusual type of game show, in which two teams destroyed a random object and built vehicles from it, and then the winners destroyed the losers' creation. The series originally premiered as part of a line of live-action reality series called CN Real, which aired in 2009. The series premiered on June 20, 2009, and ended its run on September 21, 2011.
Destroy Build Destroy is one of only two shows from the CN Real block (the other being Dude, What Would Happen) to have been renewed for additional seasons, as the other CN Real shows had already been cancelled earlier most likely due to low ratings.
Destroy Build Destroy is a game show in which two groups (a "green or blue" team and an "orange or yellow" team, usually grouped by theme such as common interests) of three teenage contestants destroy various objects, then build vehicles out of the wreckage. The show features high powered explosives, rocket launchers, bazookas, and other destructive tools. The winning team gets $3,000 ($1,000 dollars each) as a prize; the losers' creation then gets destroyed by the team with the winning vehicle. However, if a tie occurs by the end of the final round, resulting in neither team winning, both vehicles are destroyed.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||7||June 20, 2009||July 22, 2009|
|2||8||November 4, 2009||March 17, 2010|
|3||8||October 6, 2010||December 1, 2010|
|4||15||June 1, 2011||September 21, 2011|
Destroy Build Destroy" was produced by Mess Media in association with Idiot Box Productions. The executive producers are Dan Taberski and Scott Messick.
The second season of the show premiered on November 4, 2009, and ranked #1 in its timeslot among boys 6–11 on all television with a total of 2.1 million watching each episode.
A fourth season was ordered and aired from June to September 2011.
-  Archived May 25, 2009, at the Wayback Machine
- "Turner Newsroom: Home". News.turner.com. Retrieved May 26, 2012.
- "Cartoon Network Led By "Destroy Build Destroy," "Dude, What Would Happen" and "Johnny Test" – Ratings". TVbytheNumbers. March 2, 2010. Retrieved May 26, 2012.
- "Cartoon Network Unveils New Line Up And Returning Shows – Ratings". TVbytheNumbers. Retrieved May 26, 2012.
- "Breaking News – International Sensation Hole in the Wall Joins Cartoon Network's Explosive Wednesday Night Line-Up on October 6". TheFutonCritic.com. Retrieved May 26, 2012.
- "Cartoon Network Unveils New Programming Slate Including Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck and Details on 'How to Train Your Dragon' – Ratings | TVbytheNumbers". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. March 23, 2011. Retrieved May 26, 2012.